Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 89 K3500 w/6.2 and a turbo 400, I no longer tow much and want to put a 700r4 in it to help on the fuel bill (things a pig) I got a 700r4 out of a 90 gasser, and was able to find a converter for a diesel, the only thing left that I can see is the bracket for the td cable up at the intake, and i beleave there's a rod of some sort that conects the cable to the injecter pump, acording to GM these parts are discontinued, anybody out there have this stuff sitting around? and does anybody see anything i might be missing before I rip my daily driver apart?..?..?

Thnaks Skippie

·
Registered
76 Posts
I think the output shaft is different so you will need an adapter for your transfer case.

·
Eagle Eyes
1,340 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it is, I have the t-case from the gasser as well

Skippie

·
Registered
118 Posts
o/d

Have you considered an auxiliary gear box?

Have a look here... WWW.usgear.com
This particular model of o/d bolts between your trans and x-case,and you'd get to keep the relitively rugged t-400.By the time you get a 700-r4,get the required adapters,build it for the 6.2,spend all the time to pull the trans and reinstall,your probably spending close to the same amount anyway.
Once i get my truck fund built up again,this is very likely what i'm putting in my m-1010.

·
Registered
141 Posts
When I Changed Mine Over I Was Told The Vale Body Was Different, Don't Know For Sure But It's Something To Consider. You Would Also Need To Hook Up A Manual Loc- Up Switch For The Converter ( Wire It Thur A Brake Light Switch For Cruise Control So When You Hit The Brakes It Cuts The Power)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts