Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me the benefits of the Allison deep pan? How many quarts does the pan hold? What are the effects of the extra fluid for cooling? And most importantly, where do I get one?

·
Registered
473 Posts
You can contact dmaxalliTech, he has the best prices. I can't answer how much more fluid it holds, but it has to be better for the transmission, more fluid better cooling!!!

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
TommJr said:
Can anyone tell me the benefits of the Allison deep pan? How many quarts does the pan hold? What are the effects of the extra fluid for cooling? And most importantly, where do I get one?
Any local Allison supplier in your area can supply you with the parts you need or thru a vendor here, dmaxalliTech ....
Pan: 29536522
Filter-Suction, Deep: 29537966
Spin on filter: 29537268

To find a supplier in your area go Here.....

The Deep pan will add approx. 2 quarts to the capacity of the transmission, from 13 to 15 quarts .....As a result additional fluid gives the longer benefit of extended drain intervals and added cooling characteristics .... This is a definite plus in towing and hot rodding applications ..... You will need a deep suction filter as noted above .... The tranny pan gasket is a lifetime gasket, do not purchase ...

Mac Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
612 Posts
I've often wondered how a couple of additional quarts of transmission fluid can make much difference in cooling an Allison? I can understand more fluid taking longer to heat up but once hot I really can't see how it would make any difference. If the deep pan had some type of cooling fins, I can see a potential difference there but that isn't the case.

Jim

·
Registered
38 Posts
There is no way that two additional quarts will make the transmission run cooler over a long period of time. It may take an extra five minutes to heat up the extra oil, but it will all get to your normal running temperature.

You should be able to go 15% longer between changes because of the additional capacity.

The Mag-hytec pans are a big capacity improvent over normal stock pans, but they aren't available for the Allison yet, as far as I know. I would think that the fins help also.

·
Registered
432 Posts
2 extra qts slows the cycle time and gives the fluid more time to throw off a little more heat as it moves throught the system and the coolers. For the one time price of the deep pan and deep screen it's really cheap insurance spread over 100, 200, 300, 400 or 500 + miles.

Mainly a benefit to those that tow a lot with higher temps while pulling 5,10,15 20+ K.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I have heard Mag-hytec is working on a pan for the allison and it will be released soon.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
flhrciblueice said:
I have heard Mag-hytec is working on a pan for the allison and it will be released soon.
The process of getting a similiar incredible deal as the differential cover from Mag -hytec is ,which is ending this week early , in the works for the tranny pan apon it's full release .....Interested parties should Keep your eye on the GP forum ....

Mac
Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
18 Posts
flhrciblueice said:

I found this link through a previous post somewhere of some comptetition for Mag-hytec. They have both tranny pans and differential covers. Adds several quarts, has fins, and can be plain,polished or black finished,magnetic drain etc.

http://www.yourcovers.com/newindex2.htm

I don't have one yet but sounded interesting

Hoagie

·
Registered
14,321 Posts
Hoagie said:
flhrciblueice said:

I found this link through a previous post somewhere of some comptetition for Mag-hytec. They have both tranny pans and differential covers. Adds several quarts, has fins, and can be plain,polished or black finished,magnetic drain etc.

http://www.yourcovers.com/newindex2.htm

I don't have one yet but sounded interesting

Hoagie

My friend Dave at PML makes those pans, he is just around the corner from me.

mike

·
Registered
14,321 Posts
Mackin said:
Cheap imitation .....

Mac

That's not what the owner of Mag said. The PML pan is a very good pan; i have used them. I like the fact that they use oem gasket. Joe Webb uses them also. I think they are cast in the same facility.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts