Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did a search and about all i could find was a thread it seemed mostly on 03. well, mine is a 05 and appears to be leaking between the motor and bell housing. would it be the same problem with the 03 and transmission pump seal. it would really suck to have the dealership pull my tranny. the dealership also wants to put synthetic in and do a flush for 200. is this a fair price?

·
Registered
25 Posts
i did a search and about all i could find was a thread it seemed mostly on 03. well, mine is a 05 and appears to be leaking between the motor and bell housing. would it be the same problem with the 03 and transmission pump seal. it would really suck to have the dealership pull my tranny. the dealership also wants to put synthetic in and do a flush for 200. is this a fair price?
Put mine on the lift the other day, to switch over to TranSynd, and I have the same leak. Small drip out of the inspection hole with the stainless cover. It's a very small leak. Punched up tech bulletins and diagrams - there are seals on the pump bolts that can leak or the converter seal. Converter is clean and dry so my leak is one of the above. Both are minor repairs - it's the 8.7 (according to Mitchel, if I recall correctly) to pull and reinstall the transmission. As soon as snow season is over it's into the dealership. For what this truck cost - it's going to be right. I'll switch to TranSynd after they stop the leak.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mine was a tranny pump leak and they fixed that and replaced the TC because it had grooves in it. I just dropped it back off at the dealer today to fix the viration in it and it was starting to slip in overdrive.
Taras

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have an '01 and it seems I am getting a new tranny,,,,,,on Allison. The dealership has had tranny in and out 5 times in the last week. cant get the leak fixed. Gone through all the servicebullitins and it still has a small leak

1 - 4 of 4 Posts