Diesel Place banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mom and dad r gettin me a Suncoast Trans for my truck for graduation. I can't wait, but anyways I have the choice of going with a SC V trans or SC IV trans with a set of 38's to replace to replace my bald BFG's. What do yall think, do u think it would be worth it to go ahead and get the V, so I don't have to worry about the install?

·
Registered
825 Posts
Well, are they paying for the whole setup installed? If they are, I would go with the SCIV and the tires, because it's basically building your existing tranny into a SCV.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
SCV's generally cost about a grand more all said and done. I'd go IV with the tires and/or consider getting a trans cooler and the brace.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Benifits of the SCV though is that there are some internal tweaks that the SCIV guys dont get if im not mistaken. So you not just paying for an assembled piece you paying for and assembled piece and some extra might!

·
Registered
308 Posts
And will the 6" pro comp lift clear 38's?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have 37's BF AT on a 6' pro comp lift.
It will rub slightly on inner fender If front weels cranked and hit a pretty good bump. Not sure about torison bars, yet.
all ready installed when i brought it..

·
Registered
14,320 Posts
Benifits of the SCV though is that there are some internal tweaks that the SCIV guys dont get if im not mistaken. So you not just paying for an assembled piece you paying for and assembled piece and some extra might!
There are 2 people besides Suncoast that can give you this secret stuff. They are both on this board, trust me on this one.:cool:

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I might know a 3rd...;)

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Hey George...

Ok, maybe 3 Mike. I gotta couple guys around here that know them too, but they dont even like to get atf on there hands

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
What is atf?;)
An oppressive and out of control government agency that makes felons out of merchants, harasses collectors, shoots innocent mothers and burns down churches full of children?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have 37's BF AT on a 6' pro comp lift.
It will rub slightly on inner fender If front weels cranked and hit a pretty good bump. Not sure about torison bars, yet.
all ready installed when i brought it..
I was planning on a body lift

·
Registered
825 Posts
An oppressive and out of control government agency that makes felons out of merchants, harasses collectors, shoots innocent mothers and burns down churches full of children?
Oh! I thought it was Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms! :D

·
Registered
308 Posts
There are 2 people besides Suncoast that can give you this secret stuff. They are both on this board, trust me on this one.:cool:
And i think one just gave there secret away:eek:

Mike L = :ro)and i say this after just one conversation with the man!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts