Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i am tired of these f*cktards down here in Southern Cali. I need something that will scare the absolute Sh*t out of them when they hear it. So can someone tell me where to get one, how much they costs, etc... i dont know what else i can do to releave my tension from them then to scare them i guess..lol i already got the power pup to get away from them but there are times when there is no where to go so... I also have some other ideas but will start with the train horn. thanx in advance

Ernie
:grd:

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Search Ebay for Nathan Air Chimes :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are they as loud as train horns? not being a smart *** or anything i just dont knw much about them

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Those horns are used on all locomotives........very loud.

·
Banned
1,214 Posts

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
nathan P3 sounds the most like a freight train to me.. i have the standard 4 horn set as of now, but plan to get the P3

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
I just picked up a set of K3LAs :ro) This should be fun ):h

·
Registered
338 Posts
They look really big, where are you guys mounting them?

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Not sure yet:think:

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
mine is under the bed, next to the fuel tank above the drive shaft

·
Registered
825 Posts
Yeah, I've seen them under the truck in different places. Pretty good spot if you ask me. I need to get one badly!

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Isnt there a video somewhere here that shows a guy driving around w/ train horns and scaring the crap out of people? Thought I saw it here....but could have been somewhere else.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Isnt there a video somewhere here that shows a guy driving around w/ train horns and scaring the crap out of people? Thought I saw it here....but could have been somewhere else.
Not sure if I saw it here either, but I have seen it. It was hilarious!

·
Registered
3,756 Posts

·
Commissioner Gordon
5,139 Posts
I got my 3 horn train horns from hornblasters and few weeks ago,they are huge (and effective). The biggest problem I had was mounting them. Some people mount them infront of the fuel tank or nex to the fuel tank, I couldn't because I have a Transferflow 45gal tank. Mine ended up right infront of the spare tire over the rear axle. That is the only place I could find for those huge things. Where I put them I have roughly 5-6" of clearance, close but hopefully they will be alright.

They get people out of your way, fast too.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have a Nathan P3 mounted under the BlackMax. Pics on my website... toward the bottom.

http://homepage.mac.com/afeest/PhotoAlbum1.html

The P3 is too long to mount sideways, but as you can see mounts well facing rear. (the band marks on the drive shaft are NOT from the horn - they don't even line up - although it looks like it in the picture)

the K5 is a shorter bell and will mount sideways in this position.

The Nathan Airchimes use a bit of CFM (air volume) - so you'll need to plan on some serious air and a tank... none of this little 12volt portacompressor stuff. I run an Extremeaire Offroad compressor and a 2 1/2 gallon tank.

If you want something loud, that won't require quite as much infrastructure...check out

http://www.lonewolfwhistle.com/

These are loud - but use higher pressure and lower CFM. I have two of the Truckers train horns custom mounted in leather saddlebags - each with a 20 oz CO2 can and paintball regulator in the bag. I mount them on the Harley for parades, rallies, etc. They ARE lound. They don't have the chest thumping air volume of a real locomotive horn like a Nathan Airchime - but they get attention.

All that being said...and having them installed myself.. i'd say - use your discretion. Not only can u mess people up, but this is illegal in most every state.

Personally, I think the guys on the Hornblasters site should have their A**es whooped. Maybe i'm getting old.... :)

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Personally, I think the guys on the Hornblasters site should have their A**es whooped. Maybe i'm getting old....
And yet you have a P3 on your rig?

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
And yet you have a P3 on your rig?
I believe he was referring to the guys that were going around and scaring everybody with their horn. Might want to read the whole thread before commenting. And I agree with UncleFester.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
which way do you guys mount your horns facing the front or, back of the truck or does it not really matter because they are so load

1 - 20 of 50 Posts