Diesel Place banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering installing train horns. Has anyone been able to install the pressure guage in a pillar with boost and pyro guages? Is there enough room for the air line?

·
Registered
916 Posts
I'm sorry if I am not very helpful but when someone mentions trian horn I just have to smile ear to ear . I want one something bad especially after I got hit on my motorcycle . If you go to youtube and enter a search you get lots of info on these gadgets .

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm with ya. I hadn't heard about them until just recently. There is some funny stuff on youtube. I think it would be cool to be able to mount the pressure guage in the pillar.

·
Registered
916 Posts
YA I dont want to just cruise around and honk the thing all the time but if someone crosses my path wrong or cuts me off its HONK time ! Do you have any pics of how/where you mounted the horn and compressor ?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
YA I dont want to just cruise around and honk the thing all the time but if someone crosses my path wrong or cuts me off its HONK time ! Do you have any pics of how/where you mounted the horn and compressor ?
I use mine for that exact reason.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
i had air ride gauges in my last truck... its the same line as the boost line so yea i wouldnt see why it would be a problem routing them to the pillar... btw the gauge is a little slow to read accurately when mounting tanks in rear of truck... not bad still shows just slow when your hitting the horn to respond.. anyways good luck and post some pics when finished

·
Premium Member
14,360 Posts
The air line on mine is much heavier than my boost line. I think you could do it, but it would be a pita. You might consider an electrical air pressure gauge or digital if you can find one.

·
Banned
1,143 Posts

·
Banned
1,143 Posts
$68 for shipping.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I still like the idea of installing it in a pillar. I'm just not sure what size the line is that goes to the guage. Hopefully, someone has attemped this and will comment on the thread.

·
Banned
1,143 Posts
It's a 1/4" line, but very hard to tough to bend to route it around.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
JONYB did you install yours this way?

·
Banned
1,143 Posts
I've got the gauge for the airtank under the bellypad to the right of the e-brake release. I'd like to have that cubbycam plate, but I'll never pay that much for it.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
ill find the link... you can get 1/8 line for your gauges.. kp components makes the set i had in my truck... noting hard about it. you dont need 1/4 line.. hell i had 1/4 line on my old bagged set up as the main line for bags and it was slow but worked... 1/8 just for a gauge will be plenty enough.. you can make any 1/4 line fitting gauge run 1/8 line easy also just one more fitting... kp components also makes this for like 7 bucks.. push type fitting.. screws on back of any 1/4 line gauge and the line size is 1/8... pm me if you need more info

1 - 15 of 15 Posts