Diesel Place banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, im looking for some nathan train horns. im confused as to what he difference is between the p3/k3(or for that matter the k3la/k3ha)

i watched numerous video's and i think i like the k3's the best...i dont like the price though...im still searching around for a pair cheaper than buying them new. anyone have any FS?(if u have other models FS, let me know about those too, they may have to do if i cant afford the k3)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Might Want To Look Up Hadley Horns, My Pops Has Them On His Truck And They Still Scare The Jabroni Out Of Me When He Lets Them Rip. He Got Them Installed At Camping World

·
Registered
812 Posts
K3ha is a canadian horn. As for the P horn the bells are narrower and was introduced 4 years before the K horn and plays a differant chord. The p horns are no longer used today bacause the k horns took over. dave

·
Registered
4,722 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how loud are the StutterTone emergency firetruck horns on that grover site compared to train horns(say the nathan p3)

my dads a firefighter, and i know theyre pretty loud, i love the tone too. i think theres only one on the firetrucks too, if i get those horns, ima get 2 lol...idk yet tho...why are they so much cheaper than train horns tho?

·
Registered
4,722 Posts
My rig has 2 in the front bumper...very effective in getting though traffic, but they are nowhere near as loud as the Nathans. Our Ambulances have a pair of shorty train horns, and they are VERY effective. Problem is they are such air hogs that they are useless after 3-4 good blasts...at least for a minute or 2.

The train horns are 3-5 horns in a cluster, so they have to be more $$$...remember they are air hogs though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
are the fire horns the same exact ones(same brand and everything) that firetrucks use? i just was at my house and heard one pass, and it was a good 2 miles away and i could still hear the horn...if the nathans are really that much louder, god u can prally hear those things for 6 miles away! lol

do u have a sound clip/vid of your horns? how much air does the fire horns eat up every time u honk? i have an 8 gallon tank and 2 viair 450's (im getting airbags on my truck soon)

thanks!

·
Registered
152 Posts
hi, im looking for some nathan train horns. im confused as to what he difference is between the p3/k3(or for that matter the k3la/k3ha)

i watched numerous video's and i think i like the k3's the best...i dont like the price though...im still searching around for a pair cheaper than buying them new. anyone have any FS?(if u have other models FS, let me know about those too, they may have to do if i cant afford the k3)

The P-series is considered the economical line of Locomotive horns from Nathan/AirChime....

The K-series is considered their leading lineup that provides the most efficient amplification possible:cool:

However, it's not uncommon to see P-series horns go for more money than the average K series, mainly because they're a bit more rare and no longer sold new....

The difference between the US tuned K3LA and the K3HA is simply the manifold....

The K3LA uses a Low profile manifold with 2 sideports...

The K3HA uses a High profile manifold with 4 sideports...

No difference in sound, but the K3HA stands taller and has more possibilities for air input....

The Canadian tuned K3L and K3H use bells numbered 1,2 and 3...

The US tuned K3LA and K3HA use bells numbered 1,2 and 4A...

I personally have a HornBlaster HB4H hornset (made by Buell) and a K3HA on my dialy beater :)

Here are some test videos of the HB4H's compared to the stock horn:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5767436130115137576&q=98+SNAKE+EATER

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1536814171514910822&q=98+SNAKE+EATER

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8827038083279637396&q=98+SNAKE+EATER+tank

And here's a shop test video of the K3HA:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4979107809374899759&q=98+SNAKE+EATER

As for where to buy, Nathan/AirChime won't sell to the general public, so you're pretty much limited buying from Collectors, Railroad companies and a handful of sellers on EBay who somehow manage to get their hands on even brand new horns....

As for the prices on Hornblasters.com, they're always negotiable, so contact Matt directly and see what kinda deal he can swing:cool:

Rick

Aztek T/A WS7 & 70 RAM AIR IV T/A
Moderator @ LS2, FAST LS1, FUELSLUT,
The F-Body Hideout, LS1Turd & ChopperForums

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ive watched all your vids lol...i love em...i just ordered the pshyco blasters from matt for 45 bux shipped. i plan on buying a k3la/k3ha soon too...plus i have 2 pair of hella supertone 85115's

·
Registered
4,722 Posts
are the fire horns the same exact ones(same brand and everything) that firetrucks use? i just was at my house and heard one pass, and it was a good 2 miles away and i could still hear the horn...if the nathans are really that much louder, god u can prally hear those things for 6 miles away! lol

do u have a sound clip/vid of your horns? how much air does the fire horns eat up every time u honk? i have an 8 gallon tank and 2 viair 450's (im getting airbags on my truck soon)

thanks!
Grover Stuttertones are the ones on the rigs I drive, Buell makes the ones on the Ambulances.

I have airbrakes on the Engine/Ladder trucks, so I have one big honking air compressor with an air horn lockout under 80 psi (would not want to lock up the brakes! :eek: ) I would think an 8 gallon tank with 2 Viar 450's would do just fine. Ya gotta remember the odds of you emptying the air tank and me doing so going to a Fire is really tilted in my favor. :eek: ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts