Diesel Place banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am gonna try and find a decent trailor to pull my jeep on, and i would like to know what to look for in a trailor, either brand, or features, also what floor, i dont really need a big huge gate on the end, but it would be nice, and what would be a price on a used trailor like this?

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
you've got lots of truck to pull it so I recommend getting a trailer to fill your future needs as well as your current ones. In other words, don't buy one that just gets the job done. You will always wish you had a bigger better heavier trailer.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have an 18' H&H tilt bed. I makes loading non-running vehicles a little easier (IMHO,) as long as you have some type of winch to pull it up the incline.

The trailer I have has two 3500# axles with brakes, but weighs almost 2000 lbs, giving it a 5000# rated capacity.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I had a Diamond C Road Clipper. Very nice trailer for the money. I only got rid of it because it was only rated for about 4500 load. Towed great and the best part was the ramps were welded into a slot in the back of the trailer. This way they couldn't be lost or stolen.

See it at http://www.diamondctrailers.com/trailers/charger/12CHS.htm

·
Registered
69 Posts
I use a Big Tex DM70 to haul my Jeep. It has a full steel diamondplate deck. I added 2nd axle brakes and put larger 'D' rated trailer tires on it. I am happy with it but would have ordered it with the ramps in the rear had I known about the option.

http://www.bigtextrailers.com/spec/70dm.html

Attachments

·
Registered
618 Posts

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
I have a Sloan quickload with 5200 ea. axles, 20 ft deck. full roll off with winch on front for non working vehicles. Tows straight as an arrow with 2500 Avalanche on it.(7,080 lbs.). Without problem.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have a Carson trailer with a wood deck.
It works great.

I made some sides for it also, to do those weekend jobs that require side boards.

One thing I didn't like about the Big Tex trailers was, they have angle all the way around the deck(unless you get the model that is over the tires). The angle would cut into my tires, since I have FW axles.
Other than that, Big Tex are great trailers.

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have a Carson trailer with a wood deck.
It works great.

I made some sides for it also, to do those weekend jobs that require side boards.

One thing I didn't like about the Big Tex trailers was, they have angle all the way around the deck(unless you get the model that is over the tires). The angle would cut into my tires, since I have FW axles.
Other than that, Big Tex are great trailers.
Hi James,

Maybe the wood deck ones do. Mine has a full diamondplate deck and it's flat. I have been thinking of building some walls for mine. It has the stake pockets and seem to be a relatively easy design and build. I think it would come in mighty handy.

Patrick

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanks BigwhiteHD and wpatrus. We go to Tellico in TN, occasionally Beasley Knob in Blairesville, sometimes around Monteagle, out west every once in a while. Riverrock is a new private park around Millegeville (sp).

·
Registered
91 Posts

this is my jeep trailer i just picked up last week.....except i carry 2 jeeps and 6 atvs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts