Diesel Place banner

81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Peragon Aluminum Roll Up

My only comment on this is be careful what cover you have on your bed. I originally had the aluminum style cover that could roll into a ball above the rail but could not see the ball. Ended up selling it and got the soft version of the same thing and works much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My Peragon Aluminum Roll Up is about 10 to 12" high when rolled up against the back of the cab. My rear facing dash camera can see the gooseneck ball but of course I cannot see that little screen clearly from the front seat.

It would be ideal to see the ball lining up with the gooseneck hitch from the big screen on the dash.

·
Registered
100 Posts
My Peragon Aluminum Roll Up is about 10 to 12" high when rolled up against the back of the cab. My rear facing dash camera can see the gooseneck ball but of course I cannot see that little screen clearly from the front seat.

It would be ideal to see the ball lining up with the gooseneck hitch from the big screen on the dash.

I thought the Peragon collapsed under the bed rail and not over?

This is what I used to have that didn’t work out so well.

And this is what I have now that is perfect.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Oops! Sorry - Wrong company quoted!

I thought the Peragon collapsed under the bed rail and not over?

This is what I used to have that didn’t work out so well.

And this is what I have now that is perfect.

You are correct Sir - I quoted the wrong company. I had Peragon on my last truck. I put the BAK Revolver on my Silverado. Just like in your first pic.

So, like I said, the dash cam facing backwards, up at the top of the rear window (inside), can see the ball due to it's fish eye style lens, but having a camera outside on the high mount stop lamp would be perfect.

·
Registered
587 Posts

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
I don't have one. (yet?)

That's a pic from the echomaster site, but is for the GM fullsize pickup installation.

There are also mirror cameras that have similar (maybe better) integration to the tow mirror.

And a wireless camera can be added so that one can be mounted inside a trailer or on the back of a trailer or....

There is a video on the echomaster of the installation being done, include changing the
dip switch settings on the back of the 8" screen to enable the system.

https://echomaster.com/intellihaul/

http://www.gmc.com/gmc-life/trucks/trailering-enhancements-for-sierra.html

·
Registered
100 Posts
This is the one that I'm interested in. It is only this one camera, correct? Did you install yourself? Was it easy? Any other pertinent info would be great!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

That CHMSL camera is an easy install BUT it’s an add on to the base system and cannot be used without the base system.

The base system comes with:
Main module (plug and play)
Mirror cameras
Wireless camera receiver
Wireless camera with built in transmitter

·
Registered
100 Posts
I don't have one. (yet?)

That's a pic from the echomaster site, but is for the GM fullsize pickup installation.

There are also mirror cameras that have similar (maybe better) integration to the tow mirror.

And a wireless camera can be added so that one can be mounted inside a trailer or on the back of a trailer or....

There is a video on the echomaster of the installation being done, include changing the
dip switch settings on the back of the 8" screen to enable the system.

https://echomaster.com/intellihaul/

http://www.gmc.com/gmc-life/trucks/trailering-enhancements-for-sierra.html

Just a warning. While the video and instructions make it look easy it took me 7 hours and 2 phone calls to EchoMaster. But I was also one of the first people to buy and self install the kit. I found several issues with their kit that pertained to the Denali HD’s and wire routing that should have been resolved. I also had one of the first batches of the modules that died, wireless camera that stopped pairing and my side mirrors cameras didn’t last long. They do replace everything under warranty and in my opinion the kit is still worth every penny.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Just a warning. While the video and instructions make it look easy it took me 7 hours and 2 phone calls to EchoMaster. But I was also one of the first people to buy and self install the kit. I found several issues with their kit that pertained to the Denali HD’s and wire routing that should have been resolved. I also had one of the first batches of the modules that died, wireless camera that stopped pairing and my side mirrors cameras didn’t last long. They do replace everything under warranty and in my opinion the kit is still worth every penny.

I installed mine about 9 months ago, I suspect I had updated instructions etc. Mine took about 4 hours to install, one thing that likely saved several hours is that after looking at the instructions I chose NOT to remove the mirrors to install the mirror cameras. Did it with the mirrors on the car, actually very easy to do and IMHO was easier than with the mirrors off and then removing the mirror covers. I also installed a front license plate mount camera.

I agree, worth every penny, and you can get it on ebay from truck monkey in sandy oregon for one of the best prices around.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Found my answer on page 6.

I did not read through the several pages of posts, so excuse me if this has already been answered. Does the wireless camera mounted on the rear trailer have a live view option when the truck is in motion (drive, not reverse)?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Found my answer on page 6.

I did not read through the several pages of posts, so excuse me if this has already been answered. Does the wireless camera mounted on the rear trailer have a live view option when the truck is in motion (drive, not reverse)?

Yes you can. Any of the 4 cameras can be viewed while in forward motion.

81 - 91 of 91 Posts