Diesel Place banner

61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Or to mount inside an enclosed trailer...
Or to mount on the back of trailer...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Or to mount inside an enclosed trailer...
Or to mount on the back of trailer...
I've got mine mounted on the back of our 32' GN.

I will be honest and tell you though that their are a batch of wireless camera's out there that have issues. Mine being one of them. Advanced replacement is on the way and should be delivered today.

The process is to call AAMP Global to speak with Tech Support, They will give you a Ticket number for replacement. You will then need to call the Dealer you bought your system from, give them that number. They will then call AAMP Global to send them the replacement part and they will then turn around and ship it to you. Once you receive the new part you will ship the detective part directly back to AAMP Global with a pre-paid label.

Sadly the reason it has to go this route is because........ of GM! They won't let a vendor work directly with a consumer. :wtf:

·
Registered
193 Posts
How far of a distance will these cameras work? I pull doubles here in Colorado. 30' 5th wheel with a 16' enclosed trailer behind that. I want to put a camera on the enclosed trailer.

·
Registered
100 Posts
How far of a distance will these cameras work? I pull doubles here in Colorado. 30' 5th wheel with a 16' enclosed trailer behind that. I want to put a camera on the enclosed trailer.

I had mine of the back of a 32’ GN and it showed full bars for wireless signal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Sub'd because I'm bored and a camera on the back of the trailer would be good for the dumbasses who cover me a couple times a year, can't seem to use the mirrors and common sense and always seem to damage somthing on my truck and/or trailer...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Sub'd because I'm bored and a camera on the back of the trailer would be good for the dumbasses who cover me a couple times a year, can't seem to use the mirrors and common sense and always seem to damage somthing on my truck and/or trailer...

It’s an amazing setup. Totally worth the money if you trailer.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
I guess the handicap and rookie drivers need all the cameras they can get:hehe:

·
Registered
100 Posts
I guess the handicap and rookie drivers need all the cameras they can get:hehe:

Wow.... even on Christmas Day you know how to be a complete used bloody tampon to people on the internet.

I’ve been towing for 20 years and don’t need help but using technology to make my drive safer against other idiots on the road is always welcomed.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Wow.... even on Christmas Day you know how to be a complete used bloody tampon to people on the internet.

I’ve been towing for 20 years and don’t need help but using technology to make my drive safer against other idiots on the road is always welcomed.

Yes sir I like a bloody Mary once and a while:HiHi:

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Haha .Ya I've been towing about 15 + years myself and it's definitely not a necessity but would be a pretty cool mod. Especially if I could mount a camera on the back of the trailer would make it a little easier when paralel parking my 36' enclosed 5thwheel, which I tend to have to do once or twice a week. Would be good to know just how close I really am when backing up to a vehicle rather than using the mirror, feel and a damn good guess

So is this a factory option now or an aftermarket mod?

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
GM accessory

It's made by echomaster , but integrates to the dash screen into the tow mirrors.

Sierra HD Trailering Camera System - GMC Life

https://echomaster.com/intellihaul/
one of the best prices is on ebay through a gm dealer in sandy oregon, IIRC they are listed under truck monkey or something similar.

That's where I bought mine. Installation is an afternoon job, very complete instructions. Only thing I'll say is that you do NOT need to remove the mirrors like the instructions tell you to do. you can pop the cover and keep the mirror on the truck, which IMHO is easier to do, less chance of breaking something, and saves time.

Is it necessary? well, no, but it is very nice. not only for trailering, but I've used it mutliple times using a front camera side camera and backup camera to get into tight camping spots quicker and easier than relying completely on a spotter running around.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
I don't have the system, but love the idea of being able to put a wireless camera INSIDE an enclosed trailer to be able to check the load.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Haha .Ya I've been towing about 15 + years myself and it's definitely not a necessity but would be a pretty cool mod. Especially if I could mount a camera on the back of the trailer would make it a little easier when paralel parking my 36' enclosed 5thwheel, which I tend to have to do once or twice a week. Would be good to know just how close I really am when backing up to a vehicle rather than using the mirror, feel and a damn good guess

So is this a factory option now or an aftermarket mod?

It can be ordered with a new vehicle but even if you select it as an option and have a vehicle built to your specs it will be installed after delivery at the dealer. The cost is roughly $1200-$1300 for parts and about 3-4 hours of labor from your dealer. I did the install myself and it’s all plug-n-play.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
It can be ordered with a new vehicle but even if you select it as an option and have a vehicle built to your specs it will be installed after delivery at the dealer. The cost is roughly $1200-$1300 for parts and about 3-4 hours of labor from your dealer. I did the install myself and it’s all plug-n-play.

Yes orderable as a dealer installed option but you can get the package from a dealer online on ebay (truck monkey) in sandy oregon for around $800 and install it yourself in an afternoon. about 1/2 the price after accounting for list price and install labor.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
It would probly get a little too small having the factory rest backup camera then adding a LH and RH mirror camera and then another camera on the rear of the trailer or wherever else a guy decided to mount it though. Cool idea but I'm thinking with that many on the one little screen I'd probably be squinting so much to see each one that I'd be better off sticking to the mirrors like I've done for so long already. Who knows though maybe one day I'll bite the bullet when I have as much money as time all at once.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
It would probly get a little too small having the factory rest backup camera then adding a LH and RH mirror camera and then another camera on the rear of the trailer or wherever else a guy decided to mount it though. Cool idea but I'm thinking with that many on the one little screen I'd probably be squinting so much to see each one that I'd be better off sticking to the mirrors like I've done for so long already. Who knows though maybe one day I'll bite the bullet when I have as much money as time all at once.
well, the camera system lets you display
1) any ONE camera on the screen,
2) one or both side view cameras
3) side view cameras on the top of the sctreen and backup on the bottom

on the large 8"(?) display that works out fine.

you can also set it so the side cameras ONLY come on when the corresponding turn signal is on.

·
Gone but not forgotten member
3,455 Posts
I need this for lining up that gooseneck when I’m hitching alone!
My welder buddy made a U shaped piece to fit under groove of ball, and a sleeve.for a piece of 1/2 inch pvc to fit in. Set that and use rear view mirror to line up, stop when pvc moves!

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
100 Posts
I need this for lining up that gooseneck when I’m hitching alone!

My only comment on this is be careful what cover you have on your bed. I originally had the aluminum style cover that could roll into a ball above the rail but could not see the ball. Ended up selling it and got the soft version of the same thing and works much better.

61 - 80 of 91 Posts