Diesel Place banner

41 - 60 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
That's because soccer moms need all the driving help they can get. Why do you need to sight-see around your truck?
because no driver skill......car companies need to go back to basic's just seat belts and abs brakes I mean who needs blind spot monitors or lane departure assist hell check your dam mirrors that was taught in drivers ed, stabilitrack really well slow the hell down in wet or icy conditions, adaptive cruise control well just pay the hell attention when you're approaching the slower car , automatic headlights are people that lazy too turn on their headlights.....I can only imagine if car companies do away with all that technology and make cars to force people to operate the car and not just be a steering wheel holders

Reactions: TiredFarmer

·
Registered
197 Posts
because no driver skill......car companies need to go back to basic's just seat belts and abs brakes I mean who needs blind spot monitors or lane departure assist hell check your dam mirrors that was taught in drivers ed, stabilitrack really well slow the hell down in wet or icy conditions, adaptive cruise control well just pay the hell attention when you're approaching the slower car , automatic headlights are people that lazy too turn on their headlights.....I can only imagine if car companies do away with all that technology and make cars to force people to operate the car and not just be a steering wheel holders
Someone could ask why you need all that stuff on your truck that is in your signature too.....

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
my way of spending money to help the economy!

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Someone could ask why you need all that stuff on your truck that is in your signature too.....
Lol..... What stuff:HiHi:

Reactions: wild1

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Well, I got the camera system installed today, including a front camera. Went pretty smooth, instructions were good. fishing wires wasn't as bad as it could be, but it never is easy to add wires through exisiting grommets.

If anyone else does it one bit of advice, it is NOT necessary to remove the mirrors, and that saves considerable time. you can remove the mirror bottom with the mirrors installed, and I suspect actually easier than with the mirrors removed.

Cameras are impressive, video detail is great, and it's amazing how much better the side view is compared to even the towing mirrors. That's going to be nice when towing or backing the trailer.

Figure on using a day to do the install if your anal about doing it neat, clean and right.

and there are several on line dealers giving a decent discount on the system.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Where did you get it and how much? Any pictures of the front camera? Did you get the third brake light camera as well?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Where did you get it and how much? Any pictures of the front camera? Did you get the third brake light camera as well?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
dealers have them, prices vary. the best price I found was on ebay at this link from a local dealer 2014-2016 Sierra Silverado OEM Side Towing Mirror Trailering Camera NEW 19353504 | eBay

I got it when they listed it with another 5% off.

Didn't get the third brake light camera, wanted a front camera instead. you can only have 4 cameras installed. two mirrors, and they have the included rear traier camera, that leaves one more to install. And not having a 5th wheel didn't need the bed camera

the license plate camera I used is this one, but there are quite a few that are compatible.

EchoMaster VM-10LI Infrared License Plate Bracket Camera, Night Vision | eBay

·
Registered
56 Posts
Considering this but few questions:
Does turn signal activation work without trailer being connected?
Is the brake light camera out yet?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Considering this but few questions:
Does turn signal activation work without trailer being connected?
Is the brake light camera out yet?
There is a setting to have the mirror cameras come one when the turn signal is activated, no need to have a trailer connected.

Not sure about the brake light camera. My kit came with a 12v powered remote camera.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Well i did my install this last week and even though i went through the manual twice before install and also watched the video that EchoMaster put out i still ran into issues. Not sure what version ya'll had but mine was built to also accommodate the 2017 years. The instructions on the dip switches were conflicting. I also had an issue where the fuse holder for the module was in the way along with the cable for the wireless camera receiver being 6" too short no matter how i routed the wire.

I did wait this long because i also wanted the cargo lamp camera. This install was pretty easy as i just used a piece of steel wire to fish it through the headliner and i was done.

All in all i am very happy with it. I will be towing a 32' enclosed gooseneck from TN to WA next month and since i'm driving solo want anything that will make my trip easier esp with parking and navigating parking lots.

I also bought mine from Trunk Monkey. I did call them directly and spoke with Niko in Parts and he did a bundle price for me for shipping and saved me even more money. Nice thing is they are in OR and don't charge sales tax.

·
Registered
106 Posts
so Is it possible to just get the wireless camera installed?? mainly need it because i plow snow and my backup camera is blocked by the tailgate spreader. I'd rather back into a spot and have people have to dodge my snowplow in the street than dumbasses hit my spreader

·
Registered
100 Posts
Can you view your trailer camera in drive while the truck is moving?
Yes. All features of the system can be activated while driving or stopped. All you have to do is hold the back button for 3 seconds.

Reactions: RINGNEKS

·
Registered
100 Posts
so Is it possible to just get the wireless camera installed?? mainly need it because i plow snow and my backup camera is blocked by the tailgate spreader. I'd rather back into a spot and have people have to dodge my snowplow in the street than dumbasses hit my spreader
The wireless camera comes with the main system. i don't believe each component has part numbers but you can always call AAMP Global / EchoMaster.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Where did you purchase the system from AliBaba99?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Where did you purchase the system from AliBaba99?

Trunk monkey parts. AKA Suburban auto group in Sandy, OR. Ask for Niko in parks and tell him Ali referred you. They do specials on eBay. Paid something like ~$970 shipped to my door for the main system and cargo camera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Trunk monkey parts. AKA Suburban auto group in Sandy, OR. Ask for Niko in parks and tell him Ali referred you. They do specials on eBay. Paid something like ~$970 shipped to my door for the main system and cargo camera.

x2. that's where I got mine as well. basic system with mirror cameras and trailer camera was 780.

·
Registered
100 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
they have about the best prices I've seen on the system. I assume the extra camera is the one that mounts on the 3rd brake light to show the bed for a 5vr?

In my case I installed a camera on the front license plate, having a bumper pull. the license plate camera is nice when going on fire roads with steep abrupt downhills. you can actually see where the road is!

Reactions: AliBaba99
41 - 60 of 91 Posts