412 Posts
Read post #2

·
Registered
1,718 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
guess this install will be my winter project. Will be nice to have it for next years trips towing the trailer. And it looks like it is going to take a full day to install based on the video. While I'm doing it I think I'll try to add a front camera as well, don't need the bed camera for the 5th wheel hookup.

·
Registered
27 Posts
guess this install will be my winter project. Will be nice to have it for next years trips towing the trailer. And it looks like it is going to take a full day to install based on the video. While I'm doing it I think I'll try to add a front camera as well, don't need the bed camera for the 5th wheel hookup.
If you don't mind.
Who did you buy the mirrors from.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
If you don't mind.
Who did you buy the mirrors from.
My understanding is this kit will ONLY work with trucks with the factory towing mirrors.

If you don't have them you can get them from a dealer but I believe they will also need to be programmed to the truck for them to work

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the 2015 2500 HD but it came without towing mirrors. I had a 2010 with towing mirrors and they were great except for pulling in the garage or going thru the car wash.
Thanks for the reply, I'll keep looking for a towing replacement.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I have the 2015 2500 HD but it came without towing mirrors. I had a 2010 with towing mirrors and they were great except for pulling in the garage or going thru the car wash.
Thanks for the reply, I'll keep looking for a towing replacement.
had the same issue on my 2004. but by 2015 the mirrors are electric pull in and will swing parallel to the door. can be set to do it autmatically when you lock and then swing back out when you unlock. Note, they do not pull and out that's still manual, they just swing in.

I really don't understand why (a) the towing mirrors aren't standard and (b) why dealers order 2500/3500's without them. IMHO the std mirror should be an option, not the other way around.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
IIRC, electric fold/unfold with the fob requires a longer press of the button to activate.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
IIRC, electric fold/unfold with the fob requires a longer press of the button to activate.
correct. press and hold an extra second or so when locking and the mirrors fold. don't need to hold the fob till it's done, just till they start to fold.

And when unlocking do the same do NOT continue to hold the unlock button unless you want all the windows to roll down.

Now I just wish the sunroof would automatically close when ignition went off like the webasto in my 2004.5 did. Asked the dealer if it could be programmed to do that and they said nope. sigh!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
You need to program this option on the radio it self.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
According to my dealer the software is not capable of this action, my wife's land rover mirrors open and close with locking and unlocking its a nice option!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I can fold and unfold with the key fob or at the driver door.
But the extension is manual.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
If you have the folding mirrors option...
Go to Settings, Vehicle, and Auto Mirror Folding and turn it off and on.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
It's a standard feature on SLT and Denali. (starting when they released the DQS mirrors)

Not available on lower trims.

·
Premium Member
17,862 Posts
My 2015s were too early a build for that. 2015.5 trucks have that feature, when the DQS mirrors are fitted.

·
Registered
8 Posts
As of right now, no they don't have a kit for the non towing mirrors.

From what I have read on other forums, there could be a kit coming out for those mirrors.
Thanks jhplak325! What other forums are worth visiting besides DP?

I am really surprised they don't have one of those 360* cameras (at least as an option) on these trucks, like the ones you see on the Escalades.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Thanks jhplak325! What other forums are worth visiting besides DP?

I am really surprised they don't have one of those 360* cameras (at least as an option) on these trucks, like the ones you see on the Escalades.
That's because soccer moms need all the driving help they can get. Why do you need to sight-see around your truck?

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
what's the next thing you rookie drivers need besides cameras ever where....the driver door open up when you approach the truck like Knight Rider

Reactions: BanksLB7Duramax
21 - 40 of 91 Posts