Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eric,

I have the Trailer wiring package (UY2) and my question is can I use these wires for hooking up my fuel filter heater? Seeing the heater is right there where the wire harness is coiled up it seems almost to handy to work.

Thanks,

SteveEdited by: bigsky1

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Steve, you should be able to tie into that if you can find the correct wiring that you need in that harness. I am thumbing through trying to find the schematic for the plug and am coming up empty so far...

I am currently working on a plug in kit to include with my fuel filter kits. I am also working on a complete gauge kit that is install friendly, it will come with a painted pod, drill bit and tap, and a pre wired harness that will simply plug in, no more hunting and splicing for your wires. stay tuned for that.

Eric

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Eric,

Keep us posted on the gauge kit. Is there any gauges that would fit in the little cubby hole where the push button 4X4 is on some models?

Thanks again

Steve

·
Registered
149 Posts
Steve-there is no switched 12volt feed in that wiring harness for camper coiled up there. There is a live circuit for the battery charge line ( seems to me it's red and marked +12 volts) and the rest are all lights and brake line connections. Since you would want this live with only your ignition on you might as well run a new one.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Army,

Thanks, I knew it was too good to be true. Do you or anyone know of a good source for a "keyed" power lead?

Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts