Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck for whatever reason did not come with a reciever hitch, but rumor was they still came with a harness, is this it, says delphi on the plug cover and has remarks like rturn and lturn etc..back up and whatnot.

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
Yes that is it. Just buy the plug and plug it in. I think the plug us a bit pricey. Not sure though.

·
Banned
6,541 Posts
Look close at the frame bolts. Sometimes the hitch gets stolen off the dealer lot or the dealer puts it on another truck.

Or it just came without it.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine was ordered without it by the dealer I guess. Get this, Brand new hitch from GM, plus receptacle and adapter, 140 bucks, no drilling, and got 15 percent off since I just got the truck, so 127 out the door after taxes, cheaper than the option to get it on the truck stock I think..haha

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
There are probably some people here who would pay you to take their factory hitch away!

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is it a piece of crap? It would cost me about 220 to get set up with a valley hitch that i am not even sure would fit 100 percent including making something to fit the receptacle.Edited by: Wickedsprint

·
Registered
227 Posts
Some might say they are crap, but haven't had any problems with mine. There was a thread somewhere on this board about people going to a class VI hitch, which I believe has a 2 1/2 inch receiver. They have a heavier load rating. You then either need new drawbars or have to have an adapter.

I don't know why dealers order them for the lot without a hitch anyway. From time to time my dealer has them on the lot with no hitch. The sales manager tells me that is because some people don't need a hitch because they have a 5th wheel. I think it stinks not to put a hitch on it. Just because you are towing a 5th wheel, doesn't mean you might never have a need to tow any other kind of trailer at a future date. I think a hitch should be standard equipment on all 2500HD and 3500 models.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts