Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If u don't get factory tow package is the wiring still run to the back?

My dealer has located some 04 CC but don't have tow package.

I would get one and put a Titan classV on it but don't want to have to run the brake wires.

I'm going to order one w/ the LLY after the first of the year so this is just a winter truck and I'll move the hitch to the new one.

Also how difficult is it to change mirrors on th 03-04, I have the camper and want to put them on the 04? Is it bolts and plug?

I just saw that Eric is on leave so I can't ask him

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Yes the wire still runs to the back but it only goes as far as the rear junction block.

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Max, I found a couple more trucks that were dropped this week so maybe they can dealer trade.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Dmax Tim said:
I would get one and put a Titan classV on it but don't want to have to run the brake wires.

Also how difficult is it to change mirrors on th 03-04, I have the camper and want to put them on the 04? Is it bolts and plug?

I installed a Titan V on my 3500 by myself. Installs with 6 bolts into existing holes, no drilling. Takes longer to take old receiver off than to put new one on. Don't know if yours will come with the nut for the rearmost bolt on each side spot welded to the frame. If so you will have to find a bolt to fit, screw it in a little ways and beat the s**t out of it to break the nut loose. Don't you love it when the install directions include heavy handed use of a hammer?!?

In the area of replacement mirrors, take a look at ttt's... http://www.ttt-mirror.com/ .... I got mine from John Kennedy at http://www.kennedydiesel.com/ .. He sent along some helpful install hints. Install is more complicated (no hammer called for) but instruction sheet is really very good. If you do a search you will find a couple of threads about these mirrors, most guys who have added them really like the results.

Jim

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking, taking the camper mirrors on my 03 and switching w/ mirrors on 04.

I asked my dealer but service hasn't messed w/ the newer mirrors.

Jim why does the nut have to come off ?

Does the hitch go over the top of frame?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts