Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys I hope you will let me slide a 2006 van question in here.

2006 express 3500 with 6.0.

I can consistently make the abs/stabilitrak/traction control "fire" briefly when accelerating from a dead stop.

If I'm gentle on acceleration it happens at about 5mph. Sometimes I'll actually get the stabil/traction (curvy) light to flash a couple times. Most of the time I just hear the pump "pulse"

I have a maxicom MK808 and I verified the pump activated an the speed sensors all appear to be giving same data.

When replaying my data the right rear isolation valve command goes on first, then next frame the left rear dump valve command and left rear isolation valve command come on at same time.

Them left rear dump valve drops out leaving both rear isolation valves "on", then those isolation valves drop off.

I ran through several cycles and sometimes the left rear dump valve DOES NOT come "on" even though isolation valves still come on.

I don't have any data that the right rear dump valve EVER comes on. (scratch that...I found it comes on one time out of 6 to 7 accelerations to make the system fire.

All the wheel speed sensors "ranges" match exactly on the data frame where this is happening. So...I'm not able to figure out "why" the system is firing.

I'm also really new at using this tablet...so I'm totally up for any tips on how to better troubleshoot really don't want to just through parts at it.

I would clean the wheel sensors, but I think they are original (I am at 258k miles) and pretty sure I would break them getting them out.

If I had one to focus on I would certainly try it..but they all appear to be ok on the data.

Thanks in advance.

NH

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts