Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone got any track times in the 1/8 or 1/4 for the 180hp van aaken for the lly motor? i looked back on some threads and found that mcrat used to run it but wasn't sure if this was the 180. If anyone has any info I would greatly appreciate it. thanks in advance. i'm buying one and just want to have an idea of what it can do. thanks again.

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
The VA won't remove the speed limiter, so it's not an ideal candidate for racing unless stacked. If it makes 180rwhp, that would give you ~430rwhp, which would net about a low 14 - mid 13.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i'll be running in an 1/8 anyway so i doubt i'll see 96mph. i was just hoping for very low 9's high 8's in the 1/8 mile. i was hoping for a response from u mcrat as u had run the van aaken before, just wasn't sure if u had run this version. thanks for your help.

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
I tested the "first" LLY VA, but have not played with the new version. IIRC, the first version runs about high 14's on Kill. I think it was 110HP rated.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
IIRC, when I dynoed the latest VA 180 by itself, it was around 440hp in 5th gear on a non loadcell dyno jet. I believe it ran high 13's at the track with a built trans and no co pilot. It is a great stand alone tune with great EGT's while towing...even on the big setting. It shifts very well too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.