Diesel Place banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at going with 35x12.50x17R Toyo Open Country MT's but first wanted to know who is running them and how do you like them. Are they noisy when traveling on pavement ? Do they seem to be holding up in dirt or what ever you throw at them.
Mark

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have them so far they are great, they do make some noise on the road but not to bad. 11000miles so far showing little ware. they ride very smooth and balance out well.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I bought them recently. 37/13.50/17's. They ride and handle great. Actually they ride better than my 37" BFG At's did. They have a nice hum while rolling down the road. Can't tell mileage yet, only had them for 1,500 miles. I would recommend them to anyone.
I got mine from here, the 37's were almost $100 cheaper than other places:
http://www.treadepot.com/tireswheels.c/orders/index.html

·
Registered
201 Posts
I like them but I am going back to 245,s because the V6 is getting a real work out. they are 285/75/16 now.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I was really worried about if they would howl like every other M/T I have ever heard. I was very pleasantly surprised to find that they were not noisy at all!

I had the BFG KOs (285/70/17s) before I got the Open country's. I'd say the open country's are 10% louder at the most.
The BFGs SUCK for longevity! I had 22K on mine, and they were toast.
I saw a set of Open country M/Ts that had been on a diesel with almost 40K and they still had plenty of tread.
One reason could be because they have more tread on them to begin with.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys fro the info. Sounds like they are a great tire. I did put my name on the set that showed up at Les Schwab the other day to hold them. The sales man helping me said that if we didn't put my name on them they would disappear by the next day. Appararently they are very hard to get. I am waiting for some 17" Weld Cheyenne 8 D's to arrive next week. Bad thing here in the Northwest you have to purchase from Les Schwab tires because they have the exclusive with Toyo. They cost $311.00 each. So with mounting and balancing around $1300.00.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts