Diesel Place banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've got a set of toyo mt's 35" and they are wearing down at an almost visible rate!! which really sucks when they're almost 700 a tire!! has anyone else had the same results? has anyone heard any good or bad about the nitto mud grapplers?

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
What pressure are you running? What size tire wheel (mainly width of both)? And are you running mostly on gravel or something? Toyo MT's have never done that to me. I would say they are a 40,000 mile tire. Mine are run mostly on the highway so that could be a major difference.

·
Registered
744 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
has anyone heard any good or bad about the nitto mud grapplers?
I was debating between the Nitto Terra Grapplers, and the Nitto Mud Grapplers... Mostly because the salesman told me the mud grapplers would last longer because they were a E range tire instead of D. After a lot of research, I found most people said the terra grapplers wear fast, people also said that the mud grapplers wear fast and are extremely loud. I did read a few reviews of people getting 35k+ miles out of mud grapplers so who knows? In the end I chose the mud grapplers mostly because of the looks, and I dont have a problem with the noise. Plus they are the cheapest Mud tire I could find ( the terra grapplers were the cheapest AT tire)

And why in the world did you build a moat around that poor GMC? haha

·
Registered
202 Posts
I've got 12,000 miles so far and seam to be wearing fine.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I've got 18k miles on my 37x13.50x20 Toyo M/T's and they still look great and 35's are no where near $700 a tire. I paid $369 ea for my 37" Toyo M/T's and they are for 20's. If you'd like the website let me know.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Mostly because the salesman told me the mud grapplers would last longer because they were a E range tire instead of D.

Would it be too mean to say that the salesman is an idiot? Or would it be better if I just said he could not possibly be more wrong?

Nitto Mud Grapplers are generally considered to be one of the poorest wearing mud tires. They look killer, though.

And what Toyo MT are you paying $700 for? You're getting beyond jobbed.

·
Registered
487 Posts
$700 is rediculous! They are in the low $300's. I have see a lot of people get 40k out of them. Just make sure they stay rotated and your alignment is on.

·
Registered
902 Posts
mt's are a good tire...

I have about 18k on my nitto a/t's and they are at a little more then half life so I think they are wearing pretty good.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've 600 miles on my toyo mt's and they still look brand new!!!! 33x12/20

·
Registered
75 Posts
Would it be too mean to say that the salesman is an idiot? Or would it be better if I just said he could not possibly be more wrong?

Nitto Mud Grapplers are generally considered to be one of the poorest wearing mud tires. They look killer, though.

And what Toyo MT are you paying $700 for? You're getting beyond jobbed.
Mostly my choice came down to looks to be honest. I got 25,000 out of my Cooper STT's. If the Mud Grapplers wear out in 20k, im going with an A/T next time around.

·
Registered
259 Posts
On my second set of Toyo MT's. First set lasted me only 28k. I had a set of Toyo AT's before and they lasted me only 22k on my red work truck. Both tires are E rated tires, but I also tow quite a bit with them. MT's I run about 55 front and 65 rear, AT's I ran 65 front and 70 rear since I towed with that truck more.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts