Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey has anyone had any experiences towing with a 2500 HD with a weight distribution pulling a camper. I am wanting to lift my truck, but looking for info on drop down shanks for this and practibility of it.
Thanks
2004 Diesel Duramax
to get a Pro Comp 6" lift
& 35 Toyo tires
On DiamoDi8 wheels
:help:

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
I do,Ihad to disassemble the hitch and turn it around(upside down).Just about level now..

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
28'travel trailer.Truck runs and rides beeeutiful. Takes turns real nice..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help so far... I also am curious about the power issue of the truck being lifted and pulling... I also have a 28' camper and I think I will be OK but I want to be sure. There is no better way to me then asking someone who has one.
Thanks.
:cool2:

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
You'll have plenty of power stock,lots better w/edge on 1,2,or3 though...I have pulled a big 4x4 backhoe a few times and it seems to do fine w/alot of weight too.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I pulled a 21' TB, about 7,000pds, for 2 years with no issues at all. Any basic tuner will help, just get gauges. See my sig for my stats. I go to Glamis about 2-3 times a month, 400 miles round trip.

I know tow a 39' 5er. I did put airbags on for the extra weight and it rides and pulls like a dream with 40-50 pds in the bags. Still no issue with power or egts if you pay attention to what the road is doing. I can drive in OD at 60-65 mph, rpms around 1700, and egts about 700-800, on level ground.

edit, I have 4.11's, the 4.56's made the trans hunt all over the place and it would never want to come out of OD. I did tow the 21' with the 3.73's, no issue there. I only went to 4.11's for the 5er weight.

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
I tow 10,000# (loaded) 26fak Attitude toy hauler with an 8" lift and does just fine. Rides just like when it was stock. I could use some gears for bottom end and to use overdrive but thats it. My shank came directly from my R.V. dealer when I bought it. I'm sure any R.V. dealer will have one. Good luck.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Yeah this is a no brainer but what kind of mileage are you seeing with the bigger tires and towing. I have a 34' 10900lbs TT and I have considered stepping up to a 35" tire and 6" lift but don't want to kill my mileage. (usually between 10-12.5)
Did stepping up to 4.11s help the mileage get back up?

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
I am seeing 8.5 to 10 towing depending how the wind is blowing. I cannot seem to keep my foot out of it enough to see any thing higher):h
When I was towing, pre-lift, I saw the same numbers you are talking about.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts