Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see plenty of posts about larger tires and which brand to go with, but probably going to stick with 265/75/16 maybe go up to a 285.

Anyhow, what tires are you all finding to be the best for towing? I drive from MN down to TX and up to CO and back to MN again weekly. Hauling about 20k on the truck. Been using the stock BFGs, but they are starting to wear out. Drove the boss's truck with Michelin LTs and really liked them, but not sure if they are capable of the weight and good traction when loaded.

For those that haul everyday and need on road traction and off road to get through the fields at harvest and planting season what are you going with?

I don't like the factory BFGs for the fact they clog extremely easy and won't self clean. Want to drive through the field not slide through.

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
I see plenty of posts about larger tires and which brand to go with, but probably going to stick with 265/75/16 maybe go up to a 285.

Anyhow, what tires are you all finding to be the best for towing? I drive from MN down to TX and up to CO and back to MN again weekly. Hauling about 20k on the truck. Been using the stock BFGs, but they are starting to wear out. Drove the boss's truck with Michelin LTs and really liked them, but not sure if they are capable of the weight and good traction when loaded.

For those that haul everyday and need on road traction and off road to get through the fields at harvest and planting season what are you going with?

I don't like the factory BFGs for the fact they clog extremely easy and won't self clean. Want to drive through the field not slide through.
For what you need, My advise is Toyo M-55

Nitto Terra grapplers work ok, but wear out too soon.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts