Diesel Place banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Just Horsing Around
17,558 Posts
All I had to do was drill new holes. The mounting bolts on the Dodge mirrors were very long so you'll need spacers as the entire length of them is not threaded as well - I just used a bunch of washers, and one one (I ran out of washers) a few nuts to make the required space.

Yes, there's some vibration on less than smooth roads, but I think that has more to do with the fact that I "mickey moused" the installation a little - in other words, my own fault.

·
Registered
7,135 Posts
The ones I bought had steel reinforcing plates. So far I dont have any issues with vibration.
Mine have the steel support brace for the upper bolt, and vibrated HORRIBLY when new. I swapped over to the stock nuts that had a larger built in washer, added in a 1 1/4" fender washer to the forward lower mounting stud, and made the steel supports fit better to my doors. This helped alot, but long term I'm still not the happiest with them. Our doors just weren't designed to support mirrors by just those 3 studs. if you notice any truck that came stock with pull/flip out tow mirrors had the mounting holes spaced furthur apart, and had more material in the mounting area.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
I got mine off of ebay. They are factory fit and are GM style. I owned a Dodge 3500 and HATED the mirrors . . .

I have the same mirrors but also have led lights in them. Can't find them on Ebay and since they were bought in 2011, my ebay archive doesn't go back far enough. If I had to do it over, I'd get the same mirrors

Reactions: Freddyack

·
Registered
1,282 Posts

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Reactions: Freddyack

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I ended up getting them off eBay! $230CAD shipped to my door! I love them!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

21 - 28 of 28 Posts