Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I wanna put towing mirrors on my truck. Im looking into the ones that's the picture will be attached. But people have been saying to put dodge towing mirrors on? Does anyone have pick of what it will look like? My truck is not lifted but I will be tightening the torsion bars up. Is there any major modifications to make dodge towing mirrors work?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
903 Posts
If you do some searching (use different key words) you should be able to find lots of pictures and people on here that run both of the options you state.

I believe the Dodge fit without major modification. Maybe some drilling of new holes. I also believe the newer Duramax mirrors have too big of a mounting surface but there was a place that sold ones that would fit our 6.5s. Last time I checked they were sold out. Maybe this is what you have pictured.

·
Just add Fuel
548 Posts

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
So I wanna put towing mirrors on my truck. Im looking into the ones that's the picture will be attached. But people have been saying to put dodge towing mirrors on? Does anyone have pick of what it will look like? My truck is not lifted but I will be tightening the torsion bars up. Is there any major modifications to make dodge towing mirrors work?

FYI, don't max them out or you are in for a lumber wagon ride. Mine is bad enough just being leveled.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FYI, don't max them out or you are in for a lumber wagon ride. Mine is bad enough just being leveled.
Okay thanks, I was only planning on bringing them up 1. 5 inches at most. I just want the space to put some 33s on.

·
Registered
927 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
I got mine off of ebay. They are factory fit and are GM style. I owned a Dodge 3500 and HATED the mirrors . . .

·
Registered
52 Posts
Reactions: Mike K3500

·
Premium Member
9,478 Posts
Got my heated powered towing mirrors from Ebay. I started with the Dodge but didnt like them. I like the GM style much better. Mine are like DOC GTO's.

If you go with these and get them from Ebay, make sure to get the wiring diagram from the mfg. In my case they wanted the model numbers from the boxes. Makes the install much much easier.

Also if you go with heated mirrors and you dont have them now, go to a junk yard and get the female 6 wire connectors and 4 wire male connectors. Then you can make up a wiring harness without cutting the factory harness on your truck or the connectors for the mirrors.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have the same mirrors that are in your first pic. Well look the same and love. Wouldn't want to tow without them.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is just making me more convinced to get them. Although I don't do much towing, im just not a fan of the factory mirrors. I find it makes the truck look small. I am hoping it will look good on my truck without it being lifted

·
Premium Member
9,478 Posts
They vastly improve rear visibility on both sides.

The only thing I discovered having to be a bit more careful driving through ATMs and other tight spaces and watching how I park so people dont bang into them.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Okay that's good to know. My truck is equipped with power mirrors, but I will be purchasing manual mirrors. Any difference? Or can I just bolt them on

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just bolt them on. The hardest part is getting the door panels off ):h
I didn't think you had to take the door panels off to replace the mirrors? I thought the mirror cap was an entirely Separate piece on the panel

·
Premium Member
9,478 Posts
I didn't think you had to take the door panels off to replace the mirrors? I thought the mirror cap was an entirely Separate piece on the panel

Might be different on your truck. On my Burb the door panel includes a cover over the mirror attach point than blends into the dash. If all you have to do is remove a cover, all the better :thumb:

·
Registered
7,135 Posts
88-94 requires pulling the door panel, 95-00 you can just pop the corner piece off and do them through that hole. I have the new GM style and like the visibility, but hate how big they are and how much the vibrate. I've had them on for a few years now, and my doors have developed quite a few rattles as well as some cracks down inside them from the mirrors. I tow quite a bit so they are extended out quite a bit. If it wasn't for the price, the CIPAS would get my vote. It's just the $400+ price tag that got me.

·
Just Horsing Around
17,558 Posts
I have the Dodge flip ups on my dually. Best $100 I ever spent, took me about an hour with the drill to get them installed.

There are lots of options out there but most cost more, and I had a bad case of "want it now" when I did the upgrade. I picked up the Dodge mirrors at a local scrapyard same day, and had them on that night.

Reactions: Freddyack

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah my truck is a 98 so I should be able to get off without taking the panel off. Did you notice much vibration even at new when you purchased them? When you installed the dodge tow mirrors, did you have to do much modifications to do it? I've seen some links, it looks very straight forward. How does it look in terms of fitment?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts