Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching for the last few days but was unable to find a specific thread on this. I was thinking about getting a 4-6" lift and running 34-35's but have had several people advise me not to since I tow a 35' toy hauler several times a year and a sled deck half the year. Anyone have any problems with heavy towing/loads with lifts? As of late I would strongly consider the Cognito but let me know what you have and the problem(s) if any.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I would see no problem I do not have a lift but there are many on here who do and tow, from toyhaulers to big boats no major problems. I would suggest going with air bags in the rear to level out the ride. Here are some Threads to take a look at.

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122226&highlight=Towing+lifted
or
http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117684&highlight=Towing+lifted
or
http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50644&highlight=sag+while+towing

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, glad someone could find it. Guess I need a little work on how to use the tools (search engine)on this web site.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I tow with Cognito 12" only problem is I need to regear to get back lost power.Depending on your 5th wheel height you can go up to 37".But 6" with 35s would probably be best.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
i don't think there is any problem with towing with a lift here is what i tow with mine this is with 35 but i don't think my 37 will handle it also

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's not a 5'r so no problems there. Does the Cognito make any noise or have you had any issues? I have a buddy with the 6" Fabtech and it makes all kinds of noise, installer advised that all was good when re-checked numerous times.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
i have a RCD and the only noise was from the steering but after the braces were installed that went away but if you are going to install yourself i would go with the Cognito i have heard nothing but good things and you have plenty of guys on here that sell and install them so you can always get help easy so if you can afford it i would go with the full out cognito the braces and upper A-arm plus i think the cognito 4-6 doesn't drop the torsion bars anymore but i may be wrong PM 1sic250 he will know everything about cognito

·
Registered
14 Posts
Towing with lift

I have a 6" RCD lift with 35's and tow a 33' toy hauler with no problems. We will be going on a 800 mile trip to St. Anthony this Aug.
Total weight of truck and trailer is 22,000 lbs. I have had the RCD lift on for 8,000 miles and I love it. These Chevy's were meant to be lifted.
I won't hesitate to do it again.

·
Registered
141 Posts
If your trailer height is higher than normal, there will be no problem. I ran about 10" of lift and 38's on my old truck, it towed fine. Just be concious that the bigger the drop hitch, the lower the capacity. the added leverage takes away from your tow capacity.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts