Diesel Place banner

Towing for the first time

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  boatman24 
#1 · (Edited)
I thought I would post a good thing about the new LMM. First off I want to say that this is my second Duramax and Chevy has truely refined this new model. I purchased this truck 2 months ago and have not had time to enjoy my sand toys since but this weekend the wife and I headed to the dunes for the day.

To start our trip I hook to a 38FT GN enclosed LQ trailer with 2 ATV's and a Yamaha Rhino inside along with 55 gallon drum of fuel and my tool box. I am guessing the trailer loaded is around 10K or a little more. Coming form my 03 LB7 with a programmer and exhaust this new LMM pulls the trailer better and smoother than my old truck. These new LMM's are pulling machines. I had very little wind on the way down and DIC indicated 12MPG's running 65-70. But my biggest point is that this truck pulls a load so effortlessly and did I say smooth??? I am so happy with my purchase that I don't care that Diesel fuel is 4.79 a gallon I would own anything else. I could pull my trailer 75-80 or even faster if I wanted without any bother. ON the way home I had a crosswind of probably gusting to 25MPH and the truck and trailer were rock solid steady the whole way. The only reson I knew it was blowing that hard was I heard it on the radio weather report. I felt comfortable to drive with 2 fingers on the wheel and the cruise set at about 70 and no worries. These trucks are freakin awesome.

Sorry for the long post I am just stoked about pulling with this new truck.Thanks for listening.

See less See more
#3 ·
Had the very same experience as you did loboboy. Can't say enough about this truck, I love it.

#5 ·
X how many are before this. The thing I like most is I can finally out pull my wifes pickup.:D You don't know how bad it is to have your wife smoke your ass on hill pulling and all you can do is sit there and be pissed.:mad: These new pickups are the best so far on all accounts.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.