Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heard someplace that dual exhaust pipes are not prefered for towing. Is this BS or not?

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
why would that be?
soot on both sides of the trailer?

Any exhaust besides stock is better because you'll get lower exhaust gas temps. Plus a cool sound too

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Something about too low back pressure robbing towing power - didn't make any sense to me so I thought I'd check in here.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
OHH BLAH.....

all these yahoo's goin around talking about not having backpressure...

lemme let you in on a secret..

there dumbass's

The turbo gives you all your backpressure...You can have a 8in exhaust and won't decrease back pressure.

The duals are all 4in. So you'll be fine...don't listen to there bs..do what you want

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hey, Just Put The 4 In Single On Mine With Out The Cat.. Really Sounds Great And Runs Better. They Had To Reflash The Computer To Clear The Codes , But The Dealer Gave Me Free Up Grade..

Go For It You Won't Be Sorry...

Arm

·
Registered
419 Posts
Exhaust backpressure is a run over from the gas performance side. It doesnt apply to the diesel side. Get you a good 4" exhaust with a high flow muffler and get that thing opened up. If it breathes in and out better your performance will increase.

Try it I am sure you will like it! :)

·
Registered
633 Posts
I have duals, and aside from soot on both sides, I cannot think of why anyone would say they are better or worse for towing.
One hill on my way home would tend to bounce my EGT limiter on my edge (set at 1300) when I had the stock exhaust with a flowmaster gasser muffler welded in (Full throttle up the hill in level 3).
Now, I have not hit the egt limiter once with the duals; instead, I bounce off the boost limiter when pulling that hill. The exhaust helps!

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
The Turbo gives you plenty of back pressure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.