Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought another truck, and don't have a trailer to get it back. It doesn't run.

Is there a tow bar i could use instead of having to pay someone or buy a trailer?

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Could rent a dolly one way and try that? Just asking

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a 4x4, and i'm not sure the dolly could handle the weight of the dmax on it.

·
Registered
216 Posts
All you have to do for 4x4 is swith the trans and t case into neutral.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Can you Borrow a trailer from a friend Instead of buying one?

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
My truck's front axle weight is 4,000 lbs. I would see if a rental dolly can handle 4,500 lbs. If it can I would try that.

As Dmax22 stated, with a 4x4, all you need to do is put the transfer case in neutral and you can flat tow the truck or tow it with a dolly.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Keep in mind that most states require brakes on the towed vehicle if it weighs more than 3,000 lbs, some require brakes as low a 1,000 lbs. So you may want to look for a dolly WITH BRAKES in order to legally tow a 7,000 lb Duramax, otherwise a trailer is your best bet.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
i think you bought the truck i was going to look at this weekend i guess i better keep looking then:mad::D

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i think you bought the truck i was going to look at this weekend i guess i better keep looking then:mad::D
If your thinking about the same black one i bought.... i got it for $ 1500 less than it was listed for :D

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
yup i beleve that is what is was. if you find another one like it let me know i am still looking for a play truck.

·
Registered
106 Posts
What's the cost on renting an open-bed car trailer 1-way?

I rented one a few years back from U-haul to move a car chassis locally. I beleive it was about $50 a day.
1-way is probably a higher cost.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^ I have a rented uhaul i used for a trip last week. It's too small and not heavy duty enough for a truck of this size.

·
Registered
303 Posts
pl_silverado rented my trailer and was great to do business with. He brought my trailer back better than he left with it. He found a short in the marker lighting for me. Great guy, see you at the BUCK june 21.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
^ I'll see you there buddy. Im trying to get my truck ready for the pull.

Thanks again!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts