Diesel Place banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
I use the tow/haul mode whenever I am towing. It changes the shift points and also does an extremely effective job at grade braking.

Additionally it locks the converter in all gears. Your transmission runs much cooler.

There are different modes.

Press once = No Overdrive

Press twice = No Overdive + Haul mode

Press three times = Overdive + Haul mode

Press again = normal with Overdrive

I noticed that after I cycled through the settings all I have to do is press once for it to toggle between normal and Overdrive + Haul mode.Edited by: JohnnyO

·
Registered
444 Posts
[/QUOTE] Actually that is not right. The way it works is when you tap it (press quickly) it shuts the tow/haul mode on or off. When you hold it down turns the OD lockout on or off.[/QUOTE]

Hi Max Power:

I havn't tried your method yet. What I am going by is the indicator lights on the dash board.

When I am in normal mode and tap once, the light comes on that indicates no overdive.

I tap again, the no overdrive light stays on and the haul light also comes on.

I tap again the no overdive light goes out and the haul light stays on.

Next time I am in the truck, I am going to try your way and see what happens. Like someone said You learn some thing every day here.

Thanks!

·
Registered
444 Posts
AkDually61 said:
ok... nobody has answered my question yet? is this the same on the '02's? thanx,

Sorry. I am not ignoring you, I just don't know about the '02s.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.