Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you do when you have this engaged and it downshifts and puts your tach in the redline?? Mine did this a week or so ago while coming back from Boone, NC. It did not get up to 4k RPM, but it might someday??

Red line is bad, is it not??

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
loydt said:
What do you do when you have this engaged and it downshifts and puts your tach in the redline?? Mine did this a week or so ago while coming back from Boone, NC. It did not get up to 4k RPM, but it might someday??

Red line is bad, is it not??

Loydt, redline is 4800, the solid red section at the top of the tach. The red dotted line area is not the redline. Tow-haul and trans braking will take the engine into the red dotted areas by design. It WILL NOT exceed the actual engine redline of 4800 - self protective measures and transmission shifts will not go there.Edited by: Idle_Chatter

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mine did the same thing in cruise control and IMHO, you don't want them to spin any where close to that RPM. That causes useless wear over the long run. I take it out of cruise control when coming to a grade and then, either in t/h mode or not, it doesn't downshift and spin nearly as high.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts