Diesel Place banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone i was just wondering what would happen if i have no load in the back of my truck and drive in 2wd with the tow haul mode in the snow i have 4wd and i do use it i was just curious
thx

·
Registered
129 Posts
No damage will be cause to your truck. However if you're using T/H on slippery road you may loose control due to grade braking.

Not using T/H will not engage the torque converter on 1st through 4th, which I think is better that way if you're unloaded. A tranny always works betters when it slips a little bit in the snow with an empty truck. That's my opinion.

·
Registered
279 Posts
No difference except the rear tires might slide when the tranny downshifts if you are on snow packed roads. The question though is: why would you want to ??

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
I think grade braking may cause loss of traction

·
Registered
53 Posts
not a good idea!! i was on my way back from oklahoma in snow with t/h mode ended up looking where i came from instead of where i was going

·
Registered
924 Posts
Tow haul mode is just what its for.Dont use in the snow.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I have never used the T/H mode in the winter but would it act the same with the ABS system.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.