Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone having a tough time getting used to their '06 Camper mirrors? Man, I've been having a tough time especially at night. My tint is another problem. :ro)

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just put them on my '05 and I love them! They take a little getting used to, but they are much more functional than the '05 camper mirrors. I've had them for 5 days and I'm used to them now.

·
Commissioner Gordon
5,139 Posts
Took me a good couple of weeks to get use to them, now I've had them on for 1 1/2 months and they are great. You'll need a passenger to set the blindspot mirror on the pass side while driving, until you find that sweet spot.

·
Registered
874 Posts
There's no getting used to them! They are head and shoulders above the crappy power extending tow mirrors that I used to have!!

·
Registered
283 Posts
There's no getting used to them! They are head and shoulders above the crappy power extending tow mirrors that I used to have!!
You got that right!:ro)

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
didn't take too long to get use to them. I just wish I could adjust the blind spot mirror up and down, they are a little low for me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2nd the up and down

·
Registered
174 Posts
i am pretty sure mine went up and down....

it took me a couldp weeks to get used to them also...my garage is a tight fit....so it was a bit hairy a couple days.....

love the mirrors though..

Matt

·
Commissioner Gordon
5,139 Posts
didn't take too long to get use to them. I just wish I could adjust the blind spot mirror up and down, they are a little low for me.
Mine go up and down:confused:

·
Registered
549 Posts
Got used to mine in seconds. I came from the Ford ones so my new 06 mirrros were closer to a real mirror for me. The bottom mirrors can move up and down. I do wish they were convex down like the fords were but I guess I cant have everything. I do think these are a huge improvement over the accordians I took off.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
mine just move from side to side. :mad:

·
Registered
123 Posts
No problem getting use to them here.
The spot mirrors have to be manually moved up or down.
It loves those blind spots.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I didn't have to get used to mine. I love the blind spot mirrors. These mirrors are a huge improvement over the power extend mirrors I have on my '05 burb.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Glad I changed my pwr extend mirrors to the '06's. Found the convex mirror didn't have enough 'convex' angle for down low, because I like to see the parking space lines on the ground when I'm backing in. I just stuck a small round convex on the field mirror and solved the problem.
It didn't take long to get accustomed to it, although I do have three mirrors to work with. Flat, wide & wider angle views.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
As part of my agreement on this truck, the stealer has mine on order. He ordered them tuesday, I dunno how long it will take. But I'll trade these small non towing mirrors for anyone elses.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Took me only a matter of minutes to get used to them. I have had them on for a week or so and pulled today for the first time putting them on, and it is nice to be able to see the entire trailer as well as whats behind me!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Love my Ross Perot mirrors.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have hated my 05 tow mirrors since the second day I owned my truck. Heres why. I hook up to the 16' low boy trailer and head out my parents driveway. As I turn right onto the road I look over to the passanger side mirror to make sure I am not going scuff the tires on the cement curb that keeps the gravel road from erroding into the ditch when I realize I cannot even see the trailer let alone the tires. The damn straight mirror on the passanger side views right over the top rail on the trailer. So now every time I take a right turn with a trailer I have to move the mirror down so I can see the tires.

My father get pissed when anyone hits curbs with trailer tires. Or when driving on a two lane road with no shoulder and dropping the rights side tires off the road. Either one is a great way to blow tires when carrying a heavy load.

So I have this question with the new 06 mirrors can ya'll see the tires on a wide trailer? The low boy has a 6'10" deck then the tires are outside of that.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Nice avatar Waco. It is my favorite movie.

·
Commissioner Gordon
5,139 Posts
TWK; you can see everything with the '06 mirrors. I'm always worried about my trailer tires too, the '06 mirrors make it very nice to pull a trailer.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts