Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck finally arrived at the dealer, which is 400 miles away from me,(Ft Collins, Co) he called me friday AM and told me it showed up so I headed that direction immediately. I got to the dealership at 4:30 in the afternoon ready to see her all shined up and ready to go...to my surprize they hadn't even looked at yet, no PDI was done yet, no detailing, no fuel, nothing. So they were trying to hurry and inspect it, the mechanic drove it 3 miles and said something was wrong, it ran real rough and started cutting out and finally died! They weren't sure but they think its sucking air somewhere, collasped fuel line, bad o ring, they really didnt know, and since it was friday about quiting time, Im SOL! They said they would get on it monday AM, so I went ahead and took care of the paperwork. So I havent even seen it yet, so I strolled out the shop and saw it, It wasn't quite what I expected. I ordered the wheatland yellow color in the SLE pkg, the flares were black which I dislike but can live with, but the airdam below the front bumper was black also, and trust me it did not look good. It's completely out of place, it makes it look like a plain work truck pkg. They had no clue why it was black and not color coded like every other GMC on the lot. I guess it has something to do with ordering the special color?? So anyway Im pretty dissappointed but I guess after they figure out the mechanical problems they can pull it in to the body shop and do a little painting. I was planning on lifting it as soon as I got it, I had everything planned out, the lift, wheels/tires ready to go, a hoist and a buddy that was willing to help, but no such luck, not this weekend anyway. So back to Kansas I go.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Well, on the bright side, at least your new truck has arrived at the dealership. Called the dealership on Saturday morning and was told that mine is sitting in the yard in Annapolis, MD waiting for a truck load to be assembled before shipping it to the dealership in VA. That March 31st deadline is getting a bit too close for comfort. Dealership said that I could go ahead and do the paperwork, since we already have the VIN #, but I'd sure like to see it first to avoid some of the surprises that you got.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I really ended up getting a great deal price wise so that made me feel better about the whole deal. My truck was at a depot for three days before they loaded it on a truck, and it just had to go about 40 miles. It just really sucks I went home empty handed! Im not even sure the young mechanic is that experienced with LLY's so that makes me a little uncomfortable.

·
Registered
429 Posts
9W3-HD,

None of my business, but did you order it from Markley?

Josh

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes Markley Motors

·
Registered
398 Posts
I sure hope the dealer will fix it like it was still his. Most dealers are good, but some seem to change their attitude after the sale.

·
Registered
126 Posts
9WD-HD

really sorry to hear that but, atleast you have seen yours and know where it is. I have not seen it and still not sure where it is. It's starting to worry me because my dealer still isn't telling me anything. I Called him Thursday and he said it was still on the train. But howard told it was coming by truck, so who do I believe. I tend to believe howard because he has no reason to lie to me.

·
Registered
398 Posts
<DIV>If Howard said it was on a truck, it's definitely on a truck.</DIV>
<DIV>Howard has forgot more than most salesmen know about the shipping of these trucks.</DIV>

·
Registered
687 Posts
Let me get this straight....You ordered and bought a truck 400 miles away? And drove to get it without KNOWING it was inspected and ready to go?

So...400 out, 400 back (not ready yet), will be an additional 400 out and 400x2 back (somebody will need to drive your current ride back).

Thats 2000 miles @ $0.365/mile = $730

Not to mention the 40 man hours of driving involved in those 2000 road miles. Whats your time worth? Minimum of liets say $15/hr is $600 more.

So....$1330 minimum in travel expenses.....How much cheaper was this dealer than the one in your town? And what level of service are you going to expect from your local dealer after spending Forty some thousand dollars at someone elses dealership?

I don't mean to hammer you, but these are things that need to be thought about prior to long distance purchasing.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The reason I chose the dealer I ordered from is that I bought a 2000 Tahoe from them 4 years ago and got to know and trust the service manager. He knows me by first name every time I see him, however infrequent. This dealer is also walking distance from my house so that any time I have ever needed service, I can simply walk home and walk back later.

I ordered a 2500HD LT Duramax LLY CC short bed with a sliding rear window on January 23 and got a sales order number shortly (one day) after and a TPW of March 8. The TPW has been moved to April 5. I hope that my delay is not because of any dealer allocation problems. I do, however, trust the staff at this dealer and have no need to raise a stink with them.

Currently I am passing the time by putting in more exercise time because I know that when my truck finally comes I will be spending a lot of time driving and little time walking.

rvtrailerpuller

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lawnboy, I ordered it from the dealer 400 miles away because the ones around here all seem to want to get in your pockets a little too deep, if you know what I mean. I guess I got a little ancy when they called and told me it was in, and who would ever think a new truck wouldn't run fresh out of the factory. That didn't even cross my mind. So yeah Ive wasted a lot of money in gas, but you live and learn.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts