Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just an information post, for anyone thinking of what type of laptop to use. I just broke my cherry on a tablet PC, the type with stylus pen/eraser etc on a touchscreen, and a conventional keyboard. I must say after toying with the stock tune for 2 minutes, you guys will love the speed and simplicity of using the pen to make changes. You can "grab" and rotate the 3D models with ease. VERY slick!

The one I got is the size of a thick pad of notebbok paper. Fujitsu T4010. Convertible with keyboard and indoor/outdoor screen (a must)

Definately consider this if you are going to be spending a lot of time with this. For other tasks as well. It is hard to believe this hasn't taken off! I guess old habits are hard to break.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Where did you buy it at? How much? This would be a good item for our supporting vendors to offer w/ an EFILive bundle. The largest telephone company in the world uses all Fujitsu equipment. It is very reliable.

·
Registered
6,504 Posts

·
Banned
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I researched this before diving in. If you want decent outdoor brightness, Fujitsu is the most effective. The competitors, toshiba, etc, don't have it. You have to build it with the I/O screen. You can't see the other screen outdoors.

I am actually writing this reply, the software is converting it to type. Where has this been all my life.

I ordered mine from portableone.com. Best price I found. There are some on ebay that are refurbs, they don't have the I/O screen.

Sorry for the typo, mine is the T4020. For the size, and ability to house a DVD writer, great machine. BTW, the DVD writer adds $300 to the cost during build. Ebay has them for $89.

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
I can type way faster then I can write so that part doesn't interest me. I still like the conventional laptop but that might be because I have no experience with a tablet. I'll have to check them out.

·
Banned
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The ability to markup and transmit a pic with handwritten notes, etc is a feature I wanted. But this takes some time to get to know. It is very intuitive however and I don't think I will want another keyboard only computer again.

The way you can interact with the tables with a stylus (pen) is so cool.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts