Diesel Place banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:help::help2::help::rant::rant::rant:
She didn't even get 20 miles!!!
Made it to the woods in fine style (with a newly made aquaintance!) and got my hog traps baited. we walked hog dogs around a while and went to the other side of the 300 acre spread and drove it and when we prepared to leave... NOTHING! Looked underneath and the dam thing was BLEEDING AGAIN!
CensoredCensoredCensoredCensoredCensored
Well we called my woman to come haul the 3 of us and 3 dogs in the sedan!
I am leaning towards JB welding the Censored seal in place! I need this Censored truck to roll for a couple months not a couple minutes!
I never romped on it or anything! What is going on inside her tranny that is able to push out a new seal so soon?
Brent

·
Registered
19 Posts
What seal is taking a dump in the trans?

If it's the front pump seal, how's the convertor neck?

PM me.

·
Registered
140 Posts
ALWAYS use the later style seal retainer!!! It will prevent this problem. Install it so the "tang" on the inside is at the 5 o'clock position and you shouldn't have anymore problems. Be sure to check the front pump bushing for wear as well and take a good look at the converter neck too!

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
From the former posts, I can tell the transmission has wear and tear on it, including the pump. That's why the suggestions were made to pull the pump and do the repairs/modifications needed to bring it back up to original condition. This may include another pump housing, if necessary. I think you will need to approach it differently this time. It may not "hold a seal" as is, even with the retainer. As I recall it lost the retainer and seal the first time.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I posted on your other thread about modifying pump body,I am going to add here some more advice. I have seen torque convertor bushings that have "spun" in pump body and look fine while changing seal,pump gets warmed up then bushing spins and walks out into seal wiping it out again, The aftermarket sells a "sure seal bushing with a special lip to keep it from walking out into seal and it has a tiny pressure seal in the middle of it to take pressure off torque convertor seal. I always install this special bushing when rebuilding the ealrier 700r4's that don't have a tiny lipp built into pump body that locates bushing from walking out( I'm pretty sure all 1987 and newer uses the lipp in pump casting to hold bushing from walking forward). Help this info helps you,Smitty

1 - 5 of 5 Posts