Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok boys, got t-boned in the driver side door at 50-60 mph by a 17 year old kid running from the cops last night. We caught him. He's in jail. The frame is bent and the base of the cab folded like a beer can. I figure the truck may total, we'll see.

Opinions Pros/cons: 07 LMM, or 07 classic LBZ, a left over 06 LBZ would be a consideration if I can find one and if they'll deal.

Am I correct in believing that I can stick and block, remove cat on the LBZ as I did on the LLY, see signature.

Dang it, I loved my 05 lilly, good truck.

Thanks fellas

dane

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
if you want to start customizing it right away again i would go get a 07 classic or 06 but if you want to be one of the first with a LMM i would go with the new one you maybe able to get into the beta testing of new performance stuff if it was me i would go with the LMM

·
Registered
105 Posts
Man, what a bummer! Loosing a good truck is like loosing a family member. Glad the punk is in the clink. Were you hurt? These truck do a great job of protecting passengers. But a 50 mph impact obviously packs a whallop.

I hope everything ends up working out to your advantage!!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This dude hit me in the driver side door at 50-60 mph with a suburban, and I didn't get hurt bad, just a really long headache. I grabbed my gun, did a header out the passenger side window and helped chase the little ^%$#head down. The truck moved about 25 feet lateral, and landed on a big rock.

Could've guessed in Texas, no speaky english, no gotty id, no gotty green card, probably no gotty insurance. NOT GOOD.

Yeah, I'd say they build em tough. Sure kept me safe. Seatbelt helped alot, kept me in my seat (figure the odds).

Now we'll see if I get out of the truck clean if it totals. That should equal new one.

Thanks for the concern.
Really good people here.

dane

·
Registered
122 Posts
That is a bad deal. At least you got to help catch him.

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Bad deal esp if he has no insurance. Id personally stick w/the lbz until they get all the bugs worked out of the lmm, they are bound to have some bugs to work otu.

·
Banned
720 Posts
i would go with the 06-07 lbz in the classic the new one has really not been proven and really want be able to through all the goodies on it right away i myself would not want to invest all my money on the new body style right now i am waiting on the 08 change over to see if they make anymore changes on the truck my moto is let someone else buy one and find all the gremlins an dgm will get it worked out .but i think you can't go wrong with the lbz had mine a year zero dissapointments

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Glad you weren't hurt and caught the dirtbad.
If they total it and you want to get rid of the engine and tranny for an experiment, let me know. I would love to try it in a 93. That would make one hell of a sleeper truck:D .

Mark:beerchug:

·
Premium Member
4,986 Posts
06-07 classic!! Why mess with the DPF and the other emissions when you dont have to. If you like the new body and interior, buy your wife a new Avalanche and yourself a "Classic D/A"!

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
dane;1584963; said:
Could've guessed in Texas, no speaky english, no gotty id, no gotty green card, probably no gotty insurance. NOT GOOD.
Where in Tx are you? We have that problem down here in Houston all too often.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
:nopics:

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LeadfootDmax,

I'm just north of D/FW. One brick doesn't get put on top of another around here without a healthy supply of "immigrant workers".

Haulin rv,

You are correct, I forgot to bring the digital camera to the yard on Saturday, I'll get some pics and post later if I can figure out how.

dane

·
Registered
549 Posts
Glad you came out of it in one piece. Too bad it wasn't a Honda Civic that hit ya, you probably coulda drivin your truck home, but on the otherhand if it had been a Honda the driver probably wouldn't have made it. What happened to the Suburban? Get pics of it too if you can.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Good to hear the extended-cabs hold up well in side impacts. I always questioned mine, especially when the wife drove it. Crew cab now, but good to know everyone else out there is safe.

Glad you were able to walk (run) away!

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
try to live in San Antonio it is funny when you go into a sub division and that is all you see. They all hide when they see a cop. try to get some pics always like to see carnage. also that guy is lucky it wasn't me i would of shot him and claimed self defence

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
dane;1586719; said:
LeadfootDmax,

I'm just north of D/FW. One brick doesn't get put on top of another around here without a healthy supply of "immigrant workers".
I actually grew up in the DFW area. My Mom and stepdad live in Allen and have a farm in McKinney.

I completely understand about the immigrants worker need, but I have been hit 3 times by uninsure immigrants who never came to court to answer for their ticket. They didn't get arrested for no DL, registration, inspection, or insuance. I am just tired of my insurance having to pay.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I would stick with the LBZ its hard to say what bugs the LMM is gonna have unless you really want a new body style truck. We have a couple 07' 2500 6.0L(new body) not to impressed with them. I think the classics look better just my thoughts.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Just a thought, when a vehicle is totaled by the insurance company the owner normally has first option of buying the salvage. If I were you, I would buy it back for the engine and drive train parts.

·
Registered
737 Posts
dane;1584963; said:
This dude hit me in the driver side door at 50-60 mph with a suburban, and I didn't get hurt bad, just a really long headache. I grabbed my gun, did a header out the passenger side window and helped chase the little ^%$#head down. The truck moved about 25 feet lateral, and landed on a big rock.

Yeah, I'd say they build em tough. Sure kept me safe. Seatbelt helped alot, kept me in my seat (figure the odds).

Now we'll see if I get out of the truck clean if it totals. That should equal new one.

Thanks for the concern.
Really good people here.

dane
Great job! Good thing your in Texas too otherwise you would have been charged with assult by this great justice system we have.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts