Diesel Place banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i am wanting to swap in my leveling keys i got for LAST cristmas and am having no luck finding a place that sells torsion bar clampd locally.... anybody have one i could barrow or know of a place around central indiana? any way to do it without the torsion bar clamps??? any help would be appreciated! thanks!

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Well I know people have bent c-clamps trying it. ask dmerre89 i think he has had experiences with it lol. I do believe he has a set and the guys in danville prob have a set...

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
and if you slip...... sounds like youd be f*@#ed

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Put a pipe wrench on the tbar and put a floor jack under the pipe wrench and lift it until you get the pressure off.
hmmm i might try this if i do not find one and just hope i don't slip :eek:

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
why not just use a two jar puller. clamp it around the crossmember and screw the center into the divit on the key. i've always done them that way. but it's better to use an impact gun on the puller so it doesn't twist.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I know that the local Advanced Auto Parts has a loan a tool program. Check Autozone or Adavanced. They might have one.

·
Registered
940 Posts
how far are you from kokomo?

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know that the local Advanced Auto Parts has a loan a tool program. Check Autozone or Adavanced. They might have one.
tried that...nobody wants to loan out a torsion bar clamp i guess

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
why not just use a two jar puller. clamp it around the crossmember and screw the center into the divit on the key. i've always done them that way. but it's better to use an impact gun on the puller so it doesn't twist.
yea i guess that would be a better idea... i dont have a puller either though

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
yea but that you can get at any auto parts store.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts