Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Snap On make a torsion bar tool, I've been looking, but haven't had any luck. I'm told to change out torsion bar keys the tool is a must. If anybody knows who else might make one, that would be great too. Thanks to all.

·
Registered
949 Posts
OTC makes one and it runs about 150 bucks from a tool truck but maybe you can find online somewhere but it is a must if doing them yourself it would be scary if you didnt have one

·
Registered
479 Posts
A big two jaw gear puller does the job, and people have using ujoint/balljoint presses also. Both are super scary compared to the right tool.

That being said, I use a 7ton 2jaw gear puller from Sears. I use the longest breaker bar I have, and I tie off the gear puller to the frame so if it comes off, it doesn't go too far. Maybe wear a helmet if you have one! ;)

·
Registered
310 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Right tool

Thanks for the replies. I think I'll go with a torsion bar specific tool. Don't want to get hurt at all. I still wish Snap On did one though. Thanks again.

·
Registered
113 Posts
z71offroader;1651997; said:
i did the same as frey...7 ton gear puller from sears, only $50 and works and is safe.
did the same was on sale for 34.95

·
Registered
199 Posts
You can usually find the otc tool on ebay for around $100. I got mine on ebay for $75 or 80. Was going to resell it after I lifted but realized there is a good chance I might need again for a future project...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts