Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Diesel Master
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check this out. http://realiftsusp.com/ Both the manufacturer and the retailers say it does not affect torsion bar spring rate, and so it does not affect ride quality.

Edited by: afp1

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Those look sweet! Does it ever stop? These trucks can seriously run your account dry. Just when you think you have it all, out comes something else you NEED for your truck

·
Banned
6,541 Posts
I like it!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Those have been out for a long time. I have heard of guys using them. Nothing bad or good about them really....I really dont se the advantage of them. Still have to worry about the rear pumpkin for ground clearance.

·
Banned
6,541 Posts
1BADHD said:
Those have been out for a long time. I have heard of guys using them. Nothing bad or good about them really....I really dont se the advantage of them. Still have to worry about the rear pumpkin for ground clearance.
Lifted trucks show the bars. It's more or less cosmetic. Most lift kits lower the back end with spacers.Edited by: hoot

·
Registered
84 Posts
Cosmetic, I see where its beneficial. Thats about it.

·
Diesel Master
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah Contraire! Ever get "high centered" on the frame?

I agree if your obstacle is a rock that will fit between the tires, then you're right, T-bars hanging down are no concern and your clearance is the room under the diffs.

However, the tires and diffs will often clear a larger obstacle, but junk hanging down from the frame won't, esepecially with a longer wheel base truck.

Imagine driving over a series of rock shelfs. Better yet, imagine a berm has been pushed up across a logging road or there is a log across the road. The front diff will easily clear, but after the front tires go over you need clearance between the frame and the ground. Junk hanging under the frame can get hung up. Once the rear tires start up the obstacle you are fine again.

I have run into this when out hunting. Often I can keep the diffs out of the way but I have scraped frame rails.

Blaine

·
Banned
6,541 Posts
Yea... you're right... they do hang down pretty good.

·
Registered
5,164 Posts
They should be included with every IFS lift. Like mentioned above tire placement will help the diff clear large obsticles but the bars hanging down are going to scrape.

·
Diesel Master
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They cost about $275, and I am going to use them when I install my lift kit.

Blaine

1 - 10 of 10 Posts