Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cranked up my torsion bars and installed Bilsteins two weeks ago. I notice more vibration stopped and at idle. It used to be just a slight buzz but it's more pronounced now. Now there is a vibration from under the glove box in the dash also. It seems like the chaged angle w/ the bars cranked caused more vibration. Anyone else experience this, or is this common? It's really bothering me at stop lights. Love the Bilsteins!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I wouldnt think that at an idle it would be an issue...Cranking the torsion bars would only show up in driving i would think...

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Torsion bar cranking should not effect anything at idle. I will ride stiffer and cause more wear while driving.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Ya... All you did was change your CV and steering component angles. This can cause vibration at speed, but not at idle.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I had the same thing happen to my truck cranked the T-Bars and had a vibration in the glove box at idle. I lowered my back down a 1/2 inch changed the tire pressure and installed some bilsteins truck handles great and much smoother ride now vibration gone.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input. I was thinking about lowering just a bit to see if it goes away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts