Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if you guys had any tips on how to get the height just right.It seems like I can never get my truck level.It will either be still low in the front,or look like it setting down in the rear.I cannot seem to get a happy medium.Do you all take measurements somewhere?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Well, in my case, I made it a point to baseline what the measurement from the floor to the edge of the fender centerlined w/the wheel. By doing so, I could always return it to where it was if something didn't turn out right.

Then cranked the bars as necessary to meet my objective while keeping track of the number of turns made. After an adjustment, one may need to jostle the frontend to settle it to its new location ~ repeat the process if needed. Anything over 4 turns really need to have the alignment chkd. Results may vary.

·
Registered
326 Posts
With each full turn of the bolt representing only 1/4" of lift I would think you could make some pretty small adjustments. Are you taking it for a spin around the block, to let it settle, while you're making your adjustments? If not, you might want to try that.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! That was my biggest concern,How much one full turn made? Anyway I think I got it where I want it now,but had an accident Sunday night
.Now its in the body shop awaiting a new rear bumper,and right bedside.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts