Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably a real stupid question, buy does anyone know how these rascals work?? Have seen them used a hunderd times in tire stores, but never paid any attention to them. Is the "action" in the stick itself, or a combo of the stick and the socket.

I rotate my tires often so the torque stick would be a great addition to the ole' tool box. Would save a lot of time over the torque wrench.:)

·
Registered
975 Posts
I found this explanation online. It sounds like if you kept the gun on after the nut stops moving you'd twist up the torque stick. Myabe there's something I'm missing though.

·
Registered
587 Posts
We use them in our shop all the time. Seem to work good. Fairly acurate. Make sure your gun is on MAX torque setting though.

·
Commissioner Gordon
5,139 Posts
I use mine (snap-on torque bars) religiously on all wheels. You would be supprised how many 'techs' overtighten lugnuts. You have to setup your impact though; set impact power, tighten lugnut, check it with a torque wrench, adjust impact to get it right. Once you know how your impact effects the torque and bar, it's easy to get all lugs to proper torque, quickly.

·
Premium Member
14,363 Posts
They are the only way I put wheels on now. I've had my set for about a year and a half.
:thumb:

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Just picked up my set today!:ro)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts