Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was recently scanning a mostly stock 2000 L65 and it read over 500 ft lbs at WOT. Anyone have any numbers they've seen?

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
I seen 419 with that scanner on my stock engine.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
before 18:1 and turbo mod, mine was 435 with exhaust and air filter.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
I've just done some checking and reading some old scanner files from my first DAS rebuild and have some numbers to share. The engine has basically not changed since the first rebuild accept its now equiped with a HX-35 rather than the GM-8 turbo.

First 18:1 engine

Dyno at the wheels @ 210 HP @ 2750 rpm
Max Torque 425.9 @ 2500 rpm
Max AE scanner torque at that time was 411 @ 2280 rpm after searching the files.

Rebuilt 18:1 with the Holset
Hasn't made it to the dyno yet but its feeling a little peppy after 1000 km's!
Max AE scanner torque hit 555 ft lbs with a 2 second burst on the go peddle and 14 PSI boost.
I don't know the accuracy of the scanner compared to the dyno, but it seemed fairly close to the dyno run originally and according to that i've increased my torque by over 150 ft lbs from the original scanner readings. Also the above torque numbers weren't trying to hard either as i'm still breaking this thing in but it does get the odd throttle stab every now and again.
Anyone have a reference to HP increase by ft lbs of torque increase? Not likely but just wondering out loud.

QM's first post of 500 ft lbs on a stock engine does have me wondering though about the reliability of the scanner's ability to read torque accurately.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I am gonna buy a GTech Pro RR soon, that will have HP within 10 hp I think and trg within 1 or 2 percent.

Get some real numbers then.

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
Scan tools Tq output is bogus any of them, based on calculations from inputs.

Also some claim G-Tec numbers are not zactly accurate, best measurement for us without a dyno in house is pick a measured distance and do 0-60 time driving exactly same way each time, or time to complete same distance comparisons. I have a spot near my house I use for such testing, mostly flat up a small hill, I know run to run since it is my standard when my performance has improved or fallen off.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
The scanner works well and calculates the 0-60's pretty good, the truck just isn't ready for a WOT 0 - 60 if you know what i mean. But my seat O pants dyno says she's picked up a few notches from before.

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
The scanner works well and calculates the 0-60's pretty good, the truck just isn't ready for a WOT 0 - 60 if you know what i mean. But my seat O pants dyno says she's picked up a few notches from before.
I'd be interested in scan tool vs a dyno, ones I've seen aren't even close

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
well, the scan tool uses boost, fuel, timing, IAT and speed to clac the torque. I do not think this is accurate espaecilly if, in CR's case, the pump is different, the tire size is different or there is a boost fooler or a reflash.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts