Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I Currently Own A 02 Hd With A 6.0 And Am Thinking About Reprograming My Computer With A Wait4me Performance Tune. I Am Wondering Why Gm Installs Torque Managment Into Thier Tune. By Removing It What Does It Improve And Does It Hurt Anything. Is It Harder On The Tranny Or Drive Line. Also Has Anyone Installed A Wait4 Me Tune On The 6.0 And Did You Notice Any Improvement In Mpg.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I am also considering a wait4me tune for my 8.1 There is a thread on this very subject on www.rv.net/forum going on right now.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Con...It's there to save some warranty dollars for GM. The 6.0 is strangled by it. I had it removed with my tune and at 24,000 miles, there has been zero problems.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Unlike the trannys in the 1500's the 2500's get a good tranny, and the 6.0 should not put a hurtin on the 4L80E.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Here's what I did to remove TQ MGMT out of my rig, still going strong 20k later:
Transmission​

Engine​

:cheers:

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Here's what I did to remove TQ MGMT out of my rig, still going strong 20k later:
Transmission​

Engine​

:cheers:
What program did you use to do this? How difficult is it to use. I am asking because I would like to get rid of some of the TM so any and all info you could give me would be great.

William

·
Registered
156 Posts
What program did you use to do this? How difficult is it to use. I am asking because I would like to get rid of some of the TM so any and all info you could give me would be great.

William
HPTuners. Not very hard at all to use.Took me a while to get comfortable using it though

·
Registered
156 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
www.EFILive.com also has awsome software.

You can download the free trial version to look everything over on its website.
I just purchased it and could be happier. That Guy at Wait4me performance sets up free starter tunes for your application. I think he does it for free if you buy the software thru him??? Not sure though. Best would be to call him.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
so more grip, couldnt i send you my pcm and couldnt you get rid of the torque management for me for a small fee?

·
Registered
156 Posts
so more grip, couldnt i send you my pcm and couldnt you get rid of the torque management for me for a small fee?
I don't know how I would do that. My hp tuners unit plugs into the obdII port.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
ahh i see, i thought the computer came out and plugged into your pc.. o well

1 - 15 of 15 Posts