Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RPM wise, how much difference should there be between having your foot on the gas and off. If I take my foot off the gas or apply it, there is 600-800 rpm's difference. This seems excessive to me. Also, when I go to take off down the road, there isnt enough accel to really push me back in the seat. I'm thinking that my T-converter should be playing the role in this.

I am going to have to change my rear main seal on the Engine and if I am going to have the trans out anyway, I'd like to put a better converter in. Any suggestions? I dont have much--ANY--knowledge in this area. I'd like to have one with less slipage if it wouldnt cause any problems. I think it would allow me to get some better mileage. I plan on changing my gears from 4.10 to 3.73 and between the two, Think I can boost my mileage from 16-17 highway to 20.

I dont do much hauling with this rig and plan to use it to haul about a 3ton 4X4 on a 18-20 foot gooseneck several times a month. Any info is helpful. Thanks.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anyone know of a different/better T-converter for these older chevys?

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:eek: Holy Censored ! :rant: 1000 to 1500 for a torque converter! I was thinking of like 300 to maby 400 at most for one. Is there any other reputable places to find a nice torque converter?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Bowtie, I Sent You A Pm

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks man. I'll try that.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Check out TCI Transmissions, they have the converter you want. It's made for towing.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info about TCI. I'll take all the info I can get.

·
Registered
580 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
14,320 Posts
Remember one thing guys. The diesel market is getting big and all of a sudden the gasser converter companys want a piece of the action. Problem is; they are starting where we were 3 years ago as far as tech goes. That is fact, not b/s. Buy what you want.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts