Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in the procees of putting my motor back together. And Im wondering if any body has a link or know the torq specs for every thing that needs to be put back together . IE heads- valve covers - rocker arms- exhaust maifolds- im sure im forgettin something so if you know the #'s hook me up please.

Also is there a gasket that goes on the exhaust manifolds? Didnt see one when i took them off but it looks like it needs one? Is there a gasket for the turbo mounting to the manifold? Or is permatex satisfactoy for all of the above?

And if anybody has a set of injector feed lines laying around let me know i broke one completly off at the flare nut on line #2 . Thanks alot

·
Registered
740 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what i was looking for thanks for your time and help

·
Registered
740 Posts
Your welcome Rex, that's what nice about this place everyone is willing to help everyone. I saved that link to my fav's a while back. Matter of fact that's the only good thing I know about Auto Zone, since Chevy didn't make a Full-size Blazer in 94 with a 6.5TD. Atleast that's what the Auto Zone parts guy said.

·
Registered
684 Posts
31# on the intake manifold, just had mine off. I had my exhaust manifold off and got my gaskets from autozone... didn't torque them though

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I never install the exhaust gaskets if they come in a kit, as they have a tendency to burn out/leak. IMHO the manifolds/heads are a machine surface and gaskets are not required, it can happen that they leak after install and in that case you can use a gasket to take up the slack( I've only ever had to do this once) On my engine I just finished installing I used no gaskets on the exhaust manifold or under the turbo (oil return gasket, yes) and all is tight with no leaks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts