Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
Do a search on it....another member was doing a "test" on it a while back. Not worth the money, IMO....

·
Registered
430 Posts
I tried one on my Suburban (454 Cu. In.) a while back. I didn't notice any difference at all...so I got rid of it. I didn't run any scientific studies...but with that truck I get about 11 mpg no matter what. I keep the oil clean, make sure I change the fuel filters regularly, and keep up with maitenance. It's still running strong at 271,000 miles. Getting back to the tornado, I did read a study done on it in one of the performance mags. Basically, the conclusion was that marginal improvements can be produced with certain intake designs...and not at all with most others.

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Snake Oil.... get a refund.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I have been at the dealership with my truck lately. They are replacing a Turbo on a Dmax because the owner apparently installed one of those things before the turbo and it came apart. I think the service manager said he was looking at a $2500.00 bill for that gimmick.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I just can't for the life of me understand why someone would think that little piece of tin would do anything at all. It is worthless enough on a non-turbo gasser, but how could anyone think it would do anything useful in front of a turbo? Compared to what the compressor blades are about to do to the air, that little piece of metal is pitiful. I swear there is just an absence of logic in the general population anymore...

·
Registered
1,381 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
I can show you one dealership that made money off it as well.

·
Banned
735 Posts
Well the only person it made the money for was the Inventor ( Scam Artest ).
Isn't that the same guy always advertising that ocean front property in Arizona for really cheap or is he the one selling the Golden Gate Bridge?????

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
:funnypost ):h

1 - 12 of 12 Posts