Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys i finally got started putting my scIII with PI converter together, Thanks MIKE L. Took me a little over 3 hours to get the trans out (on a lift with air tools). Got her up on the bench and replaced the C4s and reassembled the C5 and entire rearend up. Worked for about 6 hours today wasnt all that bad. The only problem was you have to remove the starter to get at the converter bolts and of course one of the bolts snapped off so i had to tear alot of extra crap off the back of the motor to get at it. The sun was shinning on my a** today, drilled it and put an easy out with no problems. Gm even had the bolt in stock:eek: Plan is tomorrow to tear C1-C3 out and put in the trans go shift kit. Pretty much to have the trans buttoned up and ready to go back into the truck and maybe even start putting it in. We will see, it all depends on if i run into any snags!! This is the first auto i have ever tore into, so we will see how it goes. So far so good "KNOCK ON WOOD"

·
Registered
762 Posts
told you it wasnt hard :) The c1/c2 drum is the worst. And remember dont be like me and break anything. :)

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
I was wondering how it was going. Don't worry some how one of our members dropped his tranny about 3' on his first time.:D

·
Registered
762 Posts
Yeah I believe Ben is the only one to break a bell housing. Dont worry he's proud of it.

And I'm the only one thats ever broke the tabs that hold the snap ring for the C3 clutch backing plate. :)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i can see where the c3 could break now or even c4, those big a** snap rings actually have alot of tension on them. Hey dozerboy funny you say that cause the trans jack i was using had side to side and front to rear adjustment and they were all loose (pretty much worn out) and when i took the converter out (i even tilted the trans downward) she shot up so i dropped the converter and grabbed the bellhousing an pretty much thought i was going to have a heart attack!! Had to go outback and slam a cold one to calm the nerves LOL. Well im going to hit the hay, long day tomorrow. Talk to you all later! And hopefully there wont be any surprises. I hope you get your case soon brandon, bet your itchin to raise some hell with it!

·
Registered
762 Posts
UPS says my new case will be here today. I'll be finishing it up on Saturday. Cant wait to smoke the hell out of the back tires. :)

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Congrats on your progress man!! Let us know how the SC III works!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
was hoping to have the trans buttoned up today but no such luck. Replaced C3s and C1-C2. I fought the C2 piston trying to get it out of the housing to do the transgo mods to it for almost 2 hours. Finally broke down and called mike and he walked me through how to get it all apart. So far the C1&C2 Has been the worst part of the whole thing, what an PITA!!! You were so right brandon! Everythings pretty much done, all i have to do tomorrow is shim the regulator in the pump and the valve body mods for the transgo kit. Not too bad so far, including taking the trans out i have about 12 hours worth of work tied up in it so far.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts