Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a topper for the duallys that has the SUV look? I like the A.R.E. but I do not think they make one that covers the bed rail caps. Snug top makes one but they want $3000 to ship it to Jacksonville, FL. :eek: Any help?

·
Registered
4,722 Posts
Toppers are not too good for the milage...food for thought.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do they hurt milage at all??????:(

·
Registered
14 Posts
I do not see any difference in my daily mileage. I have not been on any long trips to compare it to, but I do not see why they would hurt mileage other than the added weight.

·
Registered
4,722 Posts
I have a buddy with a topper...he tells me that he looses 2-3 mpg. I just do not like them, so this is not from personal experience.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I really don't like them as well but I have a need for one, believe me I hate to shell out $1800 for a piece of fiberglass with only one moving part. I just for the life of me can't understand how it would cause MPG to go down?:confused:

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
I noticed no difference in mileage. And the weight is negligible on a one ton truck. My topper was $1100 and has four moving parts (not counting the latches). The two side windows open out like the rear one does (they're called contractor windows) and the front window opens inward to clean it and the rear cab window.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a topper I just pulled off my 05. The truck has 5000 miles on it. I took it off when I bought it. I will take $1,000 for it. I am coming down to daytona week after next ro deliever a boat and I can bolt it on and bring it down when i come to save shipping. I am tired of storing this thing let me know. It has carpet on the inside and the truck also has a bed rug I'll throw in for a few bucks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts