Diesel Place banner

21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts
I ran out of cat food today. :( dog food is soon. Wood stove is sitting outside, no where to put it.

The 6bt should have a CPS, couldn't you get a feed of that?

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,743 Posts
I ran out of cat food today. :( dog food is soon. Wood stove is sitting outside, no where to put it.

The 6bt should have a CPS, couldn't you get a feed of that?
It does have the CPS, but pretty sure it would require some voltage I guess,
I'd be leery frying the tach knowing my luck.

·
respect the DB4 5722....
12,490 Posts
i think that the dodge CPS from 91.5-93 is only 5 volts (actually i know, just searched this afternoon for 1/2hr.).. the tachs on our diesels are 12 volts... it will work on any alternator if it can be center tapped....

·
respect the DB4 5722....
12,490 Posts
I'll take it, got no money to pay you, can't pay heat, family has no food, but at least the truck would have a tach.
if you are serious we will send it to you rich....

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts
i think that the dodge CPS from 91.5-93 is only 5 volts (actually i know, just searched this afternoon for 1/2hr.).. the tachs on our diesels are 12 volts... it will work on any alternator if it can be center tapped....
Your correct, but it gets 5v from the ECM, yes it has one. Went through all this when mine stopped charging.
I've been looking for one for a while, but no, I can't ask you to send me something. Legend is a nice guy and don't want him to feel screwed, you guys need money all most as much as me.

·
respect the DB4 5722....
12,490 Posts
Your correct, but it gets 5v from the ECM, yes it has one. Went through all this when mine stopped charging.
I've been looking for one for a while, but no, I can't ask you to send me something. Legend is a nice guy and don't want him to feel screwed, you guys need money all most as much as me.
look, if you want one, now that we know, we can find more, if legendman doesnt want this one its yours.... there might even be more there, thursday i will check, there are a few trucks there, and i never even thought about them until this thread.......:thumb:

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,743 Posts
I wired up mine with a old school mopar regulator, couldn't you do the same to get it charging?

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts
look, if you want one, now that we know, we can find more, if legendman doesnt want this one its yours.... there might even be more there, thursday i will check, there are a few trucks there, and i never even thought about them until this thread.......:thumb:
That sounds awesome J&J. I've had my mind on one for a few years after a thread on an E-bay listing.
I wired up mine with a old school mopar regulator, couldn't you do the same to get it charging?
Yes. I got the regulator and the pigtail but never quite understood the wiring. I ended up getting the CPS to work when a few days of searching revealed the proper gap.

·
respect the DB4 5722....
12,490 Posts
That sounds awesome J&J. I've had my mind on one for a few years after a thread on an E-bay listing.

Yes. I got the regulator and the pigtail but never quite understood the wiring. I ended up getting the CPS to work when a few days of searching revealed the proper gap.
read about the gap today too...LOL.... the problem/reason i was searching is that the guy i sold the dodge tach to wants the pigtail with the plug, but the tach was in an early 1991, without the plug in the harness and was wired into the ECM.... but i told him i will include the 4WD shifter knob with it for free to compensate... :eek::

·
respect the DB4 5722....
12,490 Posts
oh yeah, by the way, i am not a mind reader you guys, if there is something you want, or are looking for, tell me and i can watch to find it... our scrap has a great selection of stuff.... just need to dig for it...LOL

Reactions: Hawkstrong

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Legend says "mopar" twice in this thread, he should be cut off... So I'll take his :p: lol j/k
You can put me down for number 3 on the list of wanting a diesel tach for my jimmy :)

Reactions: legendman

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,743 Posts
So your is charging now?

I found the wiring to be funky myself, but I got mine working so if you need pics, schematic, etc let me know.
Thought for sure I was gonna smoke something , I hooked the wires up but left them loose so if it did fry at least burn the harness or truck to the ground :D

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts
Legend says "mopar" twice in this thread, he should be cut off... So I'll take his :p: lol j/k
Check his user title out :whistle:
So your is charging now?

I found the wiring to be funky myself, but I got mine working so if you need pics, schematic, etc let me know.
Thanks, I got it all figured out. the Cummins Forum is nightmare for sticky's and proper information. :nope:

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,743 Posts
Check his user title out :whistle:

Thanks, I got it all figured out. the Cummins Forum is nightmare for sticky's and proper information. :nope:
LMAO :eek: :hehe: :rof1:

How much you charge to make it 6BT Square Body

Reactions: turbonator

·
respect the DB4 5722....
12,490 Posts
You can put me down for number 3 on the list of wanting a diesel tach for my jimmy :)
its funny that brent never got on the ball and started collecting these clusters, in sask. there are hundreds of these trucks laying around...:confused:

Reactions: Hawkstrong

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,743 Posts

·
respect the DB4 5722....
12,490 Posts
LMAO :eek: :hehe: :rof1:

How much you charge to make it 6BT Square Body

^^^^^^^^^this 6.2l section is what keeps us coming back here, its fun and no one is trying to compete or keep things top secret...:)

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,743 Posts

I got in a big argument with my buddy that has the 71 k20 with the 3-53...
He was busting my balls about having all this mopar stuff on my truck...
I fired back the only thing mopar is the front half of the trans (47rh, the O/D is made by new process)alt, voltage regulator.
He said hello...what about the motor... Hello Cummins I said , he pointed to the data tag that had the chrysler logo and walked away.
I said that's after you have I'm your K20 to the scrap yard :D

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,743 Posts
^^^^^^^^^this 6.2l section is what keeps us coming back here, its fun and no one is trying to compete or keep things top secret...:)
Hey I still have a 6.2 block in the back yard, I am gonna keep it so I can still hang out here :p:

Actually I found a 88 6.2 2wd Dually Crewcab local and I want to buy it bad.....
I need someone here to twist my arm LOL

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts
Reactions: turbonator
21 - 40 of 76 Posts