Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After lots of thought I'm just gonna put a regular diamond plate toolbox in the bed. I just want a good one that'll keep all my stuff dry and has good space. Any suggestions. Thanks

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
guess you need to know whether you want it over the rails or sitting on the bed floor. I have both styles. the one over the rail is deep (goes to about 4" from the bed floor). With the crew cab i didn't want it sitting up there as it was hard to see over even with the extended cab. that was why i bought the chest type that sits on th floor and is flush with the top of the bed.
I am not using either one now as i got a fuel tank with tool box on top now.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I Have Three Protech Stanless Steel And Alum. Boxes Ther The Best Have Been On Three Trucks

·
Registered
7,698 Posts

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Ive had the same weatherguard since I was 17 and it had never failed me. It still looks great too. It is the 127-5, black diamond plate.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Pro-Tech is the cadillac in my opinion. Weatherguard is a very close second--if you can call them second. Both makes are excellent.

The Adrian Steel box I have is what I'd put in third place.

·
Commissioner Gordon
5,139 Posts
Weatherguard- enough said

·
Registered
146 Posts
My old weather guard was awesome had it since 1992 welded my rack to it painted it 2 times my dad has it now. but i bought a fifth wheel so i needed a chest styl couldnt afford weatherguard this time i got husky from home depot not the greatest but gets the job done at a good price the diamond plate is the way to go

·
Registered
146 Posts
sorry for the long winded reply

1 - 9 of 9 Posts